PDA

View Full Version : 52 Commander on ebay

2R5
12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Man what a car , this has to be one of the nicest 52s I've ever seen !I'd trade both my Studes for this car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-Commander-Starliner-Hardtop-1952-Studebaker-Commander-Starliner-HT-37K-Miles-V8-Pristine-/271128094003?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f207e6533

Corvanti
12-26-2012, 07:49 PM
apparently not what it seems... see post #39.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?67483-1952-Studebaker-Commander-Starlight-Hardtop

2R5
12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow...that's interesting , but I'd still like to own the car.

Bullet
12-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Still very beautiful and makes the margue proud!

Mark

Sam Ensley
12-26-2012, 08:28 PM
When the car was first listed on ebay I went into het for it to the point I was ready to have a yard sale on a couple of my favorites. When it went over the $20,000 mark, I gave it up. It went to $23,700, I believe, and still never met the reserve. It is a beautiful car, even if it's not in its original incarnation.

2R5
12-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I emailed this seller and questioned his car....boy did he get excited !

Roscomacaw
12-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Ya know.... this thread is the first time I've seen any mention of this car (I hadn't seen the earlier thread). But I WAS impressed by the first few photos of the offering. Then my senses started to flash warning signs. Just look at the car and remind yourself that it's SIXTY years old. The '52s had notoriously poor chrome on their brightwork. Heck, my first resto'd Stude was a '52 and at that time (in the mid-70s) one could still get all the exterior brightwork pieces, NOS. Some of them were visibly wanting - right out of the bag or box! Then there's the impeccably clean underside - with 30-some thousand miles on it??? NAH.
Beautiful car for sure - but being offered with a BIG lie.

2R5
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Ya Bob , and if he's lying about one thing it makes you leary about the whole thing....at least it does me. Maybe we'll hear from some local guys that were going to go check the car out.....hope so

41 Frank
12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
If someone here is interested in buying it and if it is still available in a couple of weeks, I can go and check it out. We plan to head down that way in the next two weeks. I could do a mechanical and cosmetic evaluation but if noone here is sincerely interested in buying it it would'nt be productive to do so, I have no personal interest in the car, I allready have one!

Ya Bob , and if he's lying about one thing it makes you leary about the whole thing....at least it does me. Maybe we'll hear from some local guys that were going to go check the car out.....hope so

2R5
12-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the offer Frank , but I think I'd just best dream about it<g>

parts
12-27-2012, 09:12 PM
1952 Studebaker Commander Starliner Hardtop
1952 Studebaker Commander Starliner HT- 37K Miles - V8 - Pristine Original Car!!
Studebaker : Commander Starliner Hardtop

Car pulled by seller..

Item Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Ended: Dec 27, 201218:03:08 PST

2R5
12-27-2012, 09:17 PM
He retracted all bids and relisted it with a BIN....this is sure strange???

parts
12-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Now all of the "Original Condition" or "Unrestored" reference are deleted.

Perhaps the dealer is now aware of the history and has acted to correct the listing..

This is a gorgeous, 1952 Studebaker Commander Starliner Hardtop in amazing condition inside and out. This beauty has been pampered all its life and it shows! It is a 37K original mile car that has beautifully restored. This Studebaker in my opinion is "One of the nicest '52 Studebaker Starline'?s around, offered for sale". The car retains all its original sheet metal and is solid as rock. She has a beautiful, all correct interior in it that looks amazing. This was one of Studebaker's top of the line car in 1952. I have had the privilege of selling many of these cars but have rarely come across one as nice as this one here. This is a rare and desirable car in excellent condition!!!!

It's loaded with the following equipment:

232.6 Overhead Valve V-8 "Numbers Matching"
Automatic Transmission
AM Radio
Full Wheel Covers
Back Up Lights
Front & Rear Bumper Guards
Front & Rear Fender Ornaments (Rare)
Clock
Wide White Wall Tires
Original Spare, Jack and Tools
The List goes on and on....

This Beautiful 1952 Studebaker has been meticulously cared for since day one. This car is an absolute must see in person to believe how beautiful it really is. It has been painted in beautiful black and looks amazing. All the chrome and trim on this car is in excellent condition. This car was kept inside and treated as a true Collector Car should be! The car is completely rust free and solid as a rock. It is super straight down the sides. This Studebaker again only has 37,000 Original miles. This car has just been offered for the sale for the first time in years. Don't miss this chance, Bid Now!

PREVIOUS
Amazing Unrestored, Original Condition!! Only 37K Original Miles!! One of the Nicest Around!!

This is a gorgeous, 1952 Studebaker Commander Starlight Hardtop in amazing unrestored, original condition inside and out. This beauty has been pampered all its life and it shows! It is a 37K original mile car that has only been painted once with all original interior and chrome. This Studebaker in my opinion is "One of the nicest original "52 Studebaker"s around, offered for sale". The car retains all its original sheet metal and is solid as rock. She has a beautiful, all original interior in it that looks amazing with very little use. This was one of Studebaker?s top of the line car in 1952. I have had the privilege of selling many of these cars but have rarely come across one as nice and original as this one here. This is a rare and desirable car in excellent original condition!!!!

It's loaded with the following equipment:

232.6 Overhead Cam V-8 "Numbers Matching"
Automatic Transmission
AM Radio
Clock
Wide White Wall Tires
Original Spare, Jack and Tools
The List goes on and on....

TX Rebel
12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
I thought that a seller who wouldn't take over $23K for a sweet 52 Comm K body was nutz until I saw the '52 Champ 4 dr listed for $25K in the new TW today! There was a convertible listed for the same price. In this economy, it is serious sellers who will sell their cars, not those fishing for a rich sucker willing to pay top dollar plus.

RadioRoy
12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
So far, no one has questioned the mileage. Is it really a 37K mile car? That means when Richard owned it, it had REALLY low miles on it.

Studebaker Wheel
12-28-2012, 06:43 PM
So far, no one has questioned the mileage. Is it really a 37K mile car? That means when Richard owned it, it had REALLY low miles on it.

Good question Roy. It was a low mileage car when I owned it but to be honest I did not record the exact mileage. It could be correct. I called the guy who I sold it to (Lloyd Frette) in Urbandale, IA and as I suspected he had passed away but only about a year ago. I know after he restored it and painted it black that he seldom drove it. He had two other identical cars and his widow tells me she still has those. One finished and one unfinished.

41 Frank
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
As I was sitting on the couch today reading the <Arizona Republic> newspaper the auto section had a listing for the 52 Commander hardtop discussed here. No asking price listed. This time of the year this paper has a very large antique and classic car section as folks know there are a lot of buyers in town for the auctions. Still listed as a "Starlight" hardtop, 32K original miles!

clonelark
01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
All i can say is if you want a nice car, you more than likely will have to pay a nice price for it.