Gary Ash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Ash...

So in the years since you restored the truck, how many miles have you put on it? Is it still just used for show or do you drive it on a semi-regular basis. Just curious. I love the truck...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

I remember the first 20 miles Gary put on his M was from the host hotel to the drag strip at the Charlotte IM....
    Then the next mile was four passes down the drag strip.
    That mile took a half hour, if I recall..
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

35 seconds per quarter mile? :-)
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	m5_at_the_zoo_2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1676420
        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
        ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Thanks Gary. Always wondered what kind of use it got after it was restored.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I visited Gary and his vehicles last June and I can say first hand that the truck is very,very nice. Great work restoring it and Gary and his wife were a joy to visit with. Even my wife who could care less about old vehicles enjoyed the visit. The city of New Bedford has never had great roads but he is in the country and has nice roads to cruise on. Having lived in that area for 50 years I would agree with him about not using the salted roads in the winter months. They salt heavy and often in snow season. I do not need to worry about that now here in Florida.

Comment

I love the truck and a liked Gary's thread on building it. Especially connecting the battery and having the Red Sox game on the radio.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Gary also was in the build of my M , even thou he has never seen it or me. Without his help., the truck would not have turned out like it did, not that its origional, but at least is pointed that way thanks to Gary sending drawings and answering dumb questions I asked, actually a lot of help came from many people on the Studebaker truck talk and drivers club forum ,thanks to all!!!
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                X