Merry Christmas, Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas, Everyone

I got a gift certificate from Studebaker International for my hawk restoration from some dear freinds. And a large Studebaker Sign from the wife. This is suppost to be from a old dealership somewhere in texas.It has been restored and is painted. Where these a paint sign when new and anyone have a idea where most where placed in the dealerships?

Haven't opened anything here yet... waiting for the Daughter, Son-in-law and Grandson to get here. I hope Santa is as good to me as he was to you up there in Minnesota....
    GO VIKINGS!

Comment

What neat Christmas gift ! You better of got your wife something very nice after that <g>
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

My Avanti got a gift from Santa, a nice duster! Merry Christmas to all Studebaker and Avanti Addicts!
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Glad Santa was good to you, like Duane, we are still waiting to celebrate. Unlike Duane, GO PACK GO!!! LOL

Comment

Bill all I can say is the pack best look out. Our young rookie 1/4 back got married so his mind is back on football instead of other things. Should be a good game.

Comment

Sorry to be a Scrooge, but...

I think your sign is a new product. The vertically stretched "TUDEBAKER" letters are the giveaway. Someone with more authority can correct me, but I don't believe that logo design with the stretched lettering is an original Studebaker design. That particular design is very common now on current production items. If you like it, fine. Enjoy it. Don't tell the wife. But if it was represented as an original, restored sign, it was probably purposely mis-represented, and therefore commanded a much higher price than justified.

EDIT: Usually these signs would have been porcelain. And usually double-sided to hang outside.
              Last edited by kurtruk; 12-27-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: To answer OP questions.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X