One year ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year ago.

Well its been one year since I bought my 64 Hawk and found out about the Studebaker Drivers Club. I became a member January of 2012 and just mailed in my renewal. I have had more fun in the past year thanks to all of the SDC members and look forward to a great 2013. When I bought the Hawk I told everyone that I was in it for the long haul, so stock up SI and other vendors, I have more stuff to buy in 2013.

Well that's good news...but the rule is after you're a member for one year you have to POST A LOT OF PICTURES...WE LOVE PICTURES OF OTHER PEOPLE WORKING WHILE WE ARE NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
      Well that's good news...but the rule is after you're a member for one year you have to POST A LOT OF PICTURES...WE LOVE PICTURES OF OTHER PEOPLE WORKING WHILE WE ARE NOT!
      I thought the rule was you couldnt own just one!
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
        Tom
        Be very very quite, I am hunting a Speedster.

Comment

It's not a rule, but a mental defect. I know, I have it bad.
          Tom
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

i'm gonna be quite quiet.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Tom
              And after you have been in it for a while two turns into three and so on until your entire house turns into some kind of Studebaker shrine.

*With the exception of the '67 Fairlane... Which we also have two of.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

There's no "cure" either. Believe me, I've tried. It's going to 40 years of affliction when the new calendars go up.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Actually you only need to buy two. During the winter they breed in the garage & next year you will have three... then four... Well, you get the drift!

Comment

Dad had a '47 Starlight Coupe when I was 4, then a 51 Land Cruiser, a 55 President and finally a 63. My first was a 62 Daytona hard top 6 that I parted with for my 66 Satelite. I always coveted any C/K but particular a '53 or '55. The Speedster with all that Chrome and Stainless was to me the apex of Studebaker style save perhaps the Avanti.

Early 2011 I set out to fill this niche in my bucket list. Giving up on finding a Speedster in my $$ range, In July 2011, I picked up a Champ to do a quick fix and flip on... Fix yes but quick or flip... NOT ! Then a couple of days after I acquired the Champ a Speedster with lots of "Potential", a straight body but not much else met my criteria so after 40 years I was sitting on two. Add two more weeks and a junk car scavenger called with an abandonded 63 Lark that he said was too good to scrap. And now there were 3, all 259, Manual OD, none of would run or stop, all with fender cancer and similar Studebaker ills.

I decided to start with the Champ as training for the Speedster and the Lark, lacking a title would be a backup parts source that may or may not be restored.... The Lark only shows 23,400 miles and based on condition of pedals, underside paint I believe it to be real. Perhaps it will be done... perhaps just a parter. The Champ is on the road and for now it's on to the Speedster.

Comment

If you plan to buy a lot of parts at SI, look into the package deals they have. I bought a lot of stuff one piece at a time and could have saved myself significant cash.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X