Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale model farm wagon - anybody have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale model farm wagon - anybody have one?

I'd like to find one of these.. With the horses it's about a foot long, and the wagon is made of metal. I haven't had any luck online. Anybody have one they'd like to sell? Thanks!

Something looks very wrong with that front axle, Matt!!

They show up from time to time around here, I'll keep an eye out for one.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

I have one that I bought from Phil Brown at least 10 years ago.

Denny L

Comment

I have a really nice Danbury Mint '37 Coupe Express that I'd trade for one!

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          I'd like to find one of these.. With the horses it's about a foot long, and the wagon is made of metal. I haven't had any luck online. Anybody have one they'd like to sell? Thanks!

I have a wood version that is about 36" long that is one of 8 beautiful hand built models by a man in North Dakota who is long since deceased. My wife purchased it for me at the Rapid City International Meet. I've acquired a couple of black horses to complete the package whenever I get around to making harnesses for them. I believe my wagon is an 1862 version. It is not for sale however, unless someone wants to trade for a real Avanti.
          Stu Chapman

Comment

Looks like I have one on the way. Thanks to those that replied.

Comment

Looks like I have one on the way. Thanks to those that replied.

Oh... Good...
              The cat did not want his wagon sold....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Some years back I saw that wagon on eBay from an eBay store somewhere in the upper Midwest I bought one and liked it so well that I emailed the store and asked if they would sell me a couple cases of them, one of the wagons and one of the sleighs. They did sell me those and I took them to York that year. I sold out of the wagon in minutes. I emailed them and asked for a couple more cases only to find that they were sold out. I also sold out the sleighs, but didn't keep one for myself.
                In your picture I think the front axle is broken. Mine doesn't look like that.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Matt, You might try Steve Grant, aka Madd Doddler. I have seen him selling them in at meets
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I have one of these proudly displayed among my other die cast Studebaker stuff. I added a seated driver in period costume that I pilfered from some of my G scale electric train stuff. Probably not perfect scale, but that's what imaginations are for anyway.
                    Last edited by jclary; 12-24-2012, 01:57 PM.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I bought mine at an SDC International meet auction a few years back.... it resides in it's box until Christmas time and then it is filled with small packages.
                      NOT FOR SALE!

Comment

Matt, are you aware that you drove one of the vehicles used to prototype the danbury mint truck. They came to my shop and took pictures and measurements just as I was finishing it for the 1995 international meet in Dearborn.

Comment

As I already said, I've got a wagon on its way to me. I plan on putting one of my South Bend watches in the back of it.

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
                          Matt, are you aware that you drove one of the vehicles used to prototype the danbury mint truck. They came to my shop and took pictures and measurements just as I was finishing it for the 1995 international meet in Dearborn.
                          Did not know that! In that case I'll keep the '37.. I'm guessing that not too many people can say they've driven the 1:1 scale version of the model.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                            Something looks very wrong with that front axle, Matt!!
                            It looks like someone gave it a rake like an Avanti

Comment

Glad you found on Matt. Had you not, I probably would have taken you up on the trade, but to be honest, I like the wagon just as much as you do.
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X