PDA

View Full Version : Former Stude dealer building f/s (Haydon, Ontario)

Steve T
12-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Ran across this listing on Kijiji while checking Stude stuff just now...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-commercial-office-space-BUILDING-AND-PROPERTY-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ419250658

Just in case someone feels like reactivating a Stude dealership!

S.

t walgamuth
12-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Cool! it appears to have been added onto vertically in the garage area so they can get in large vehicles and lift them. Interesting solution which is fairly unusual.

Bill Pressler
12-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Ironically, the Studebaker dealer building in my hometown is for sale now too, by owner. Don't know the price, but it was last used as a laundromat. Two-car showroom and service bays out back--I believe lifts may still be there (metal covers on the floor). In 2004 there was still a decal on the men's room door that said "New Miracle Ride Studebakers". Seven individual overhead doors in the back IIRC...one in the center is tall for big trucks.

Built in '46, operated by the Studebaker dealer 'til Dec. '68. Last new Stude sold there was a Timberline Turquoise '66 Cruiser with no vinyl top and off-white vinyl interior, to a fellow in Masury, OH, about twenty miles away.

Stu Chapman
12-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Ran across this listing on Kijiji while checking Stude stuff just now...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-commercial-office-space-BUILDING-AND-PROPERTY-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ419250658

Just in case someone feels like reactivating a Stude dealership!

S.

This is Roy Graham's dealership. Roy is still active in the Studebaker fraternity and has a number of Studes in his collection. He is a member of the Ontario Chapter and we saw him this past summer when he was an honored guest at the SDC Ontario Chapter "Made In Canada" Event. Perhaps a member who lives close by Roy will have some information on the property sale.
Stu Chapman

STEWDI
12-21-2012, 08:13 AM
There are two former Stude dealership buildings in my home town ( Kitchener, Ontario). One is now an Asian grocery store and the other a beauty salon supply business.

The Hayden dealership posted above is still run by Roy Graham's son, Ian, who wants to retire. Ian has several Studes as do his sons and attend many club meets with the whole family. Roy and Ian still vend Studebaker parts, and the cars, the club and the old dealership and business have always been a big part of their lives. They also have for sale a limited numbered art poster made of their dealership and depicting the year 1962. I believe it is also on Kijiji.

warrlaw1
12-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for posting this, Steve. Roy helped me very much. Paul Revell, too. We have a wealth of Stude folks around us and I would never have known until I needed Stude help. Merry Christmas.

COMMANDERPINK1
01-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Would anyone have info on how to contact Roy or Ian Graham of the Ontario Chapter? Met the Graham family last year at the INT. Meet in SB but lost their info. Need to ask them on some parts they may have.
Tom