Cowboy question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy question.

What black and white cowboy film hero inherited a tool company fortune?

The winner gets honors and recognition at such an early age.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
    What black and white cowboy film hero inherited a tool company fortune?

The winner gets honors and recognition at such an early age.
    Charlie Starrett aka: "The Durango Kid"...

another small tidbit of trivia: who on this forum used to go bowling with Roy Rogers and his team thru the early 80's in the Upper Mojave Desert?
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I don't know who bowled with Roy, But I knew him when I was a Child. My Grandparents lived in Hesperia, and went to the same church as the Rogers. Many a time when visiting for the weekend, we would all go to the ranch for a pic-nik/ Bar-B-Que afterwards. There were kids all over the place! Sometimes getting a ride around the place in Lilly-Bell.

Any body remember her?

It is still some of my BEST childhood memories. By the way, My grandfather always called Roy "Sly"

Anybody know why? (As long as we're into trivia)

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Hawk Doug View Post
        I don't know who bowled with Roy, But I knew him when I was a Child. My Grandparents lived in Hesperia, and went to the same church as the Rogers. Many a time when visiting for the weekend, we would all go to the ranch for a pic-nik/ Bar-B-Que afterwards. There were kids all over the place! Sometimes getting a ride around the place in Lilly-Bell. Any body remember her?
        It is still some of my BEST childhood memories. By the way, My grandfather always called Roy "Sly"Anybody know why? (As long as we're into trivia)
        Doug
        the jeep was "Nelly-Belle" driven by Pat Brady in the "Roy Rogers Show"

and R.R.'s birth name was Leonard Slye.

hint on the "bowling" question - i lived in Hesperia from 1980 - 1986...

EDIT: sorry, Mr Mc - didn't mean to go OT!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Silly me!, I ment Nelly-Belle, Sorry, got crossed up with another "Belle" I knew.

Grandpa always said that Roy was one of the smartest people he knew, And with knowlage of his real name, kind of teased him with the Sly handle. There were very few people that I knew of as a kid, that would call him that.

Grandma was a nurse at the local hospital, as well as going out to check folks at home that were ill, including the local ranches.

It was a very small community in those days

I always felt very privelidged to have been able to know him, Dale, And the kids.

Doug

Comment

Working...
          X