Model ID (and other info) for 1929 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model ID (and other info) for 1929 Studebaker

I am looking (via the internet) at a 1929 Studebaker at auction in Seattle. The description has no information about model, series, engine, etc., but does have a "VIN". Can someone please help me figure out what this car is and maybe approximately what it is worth? The VIN listed is GEW210574. Thanks VERY much.

Here's the link to see the car:

Last edited by brngarage; 12-14-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: Add link.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

That is a 1928-29 Dictator model GE 3rd design regal sedan. It differs from the regular sedan by virtue of its side mounted spare tires. That is a pretty willd paint job. It doesn't look all that bad but nothing close to the original offerings. The Dictator was the least expensive Studebaker in that era (excepting the Erskine). It was behind the larger President and Commander. As for its value that is a subjective judgement. I do not care to give an estimate.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks Richard for such a quick and thorough answer.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
      X