PDA

View Full Version : Interesting '61 Champ Pickup in Dana Point, CA

StudeRich
12-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Here is an interesting '61 Champ, from what I see in the eBay ad, it should be a 6E7-122 long, wide box, V8 with a Deluxe Cab with a sliding window delete or a Standard Cab with all of the "Deluxe" trim added.

It has probably a "Brownie" Overdrive or other Auxillery Trans. added to a 4 Speed, Air Conditioning, '57-'58 Packard and '59-'60 Lark Regal chrome dash knobs, a Clock, A cigar lighter, a Lark Deluxe Steering wheel and horn rim, even a split back, reclining seat that will go nowhere and a nice step bumper. :D

Unfortunately, it is in rough shape. On the plus side; it has a terrible Ad, and terrible pics, but a no reserve auction is a good thing.

http://tinyurl.com/ad23fa8

Bud
12-12-2012, 05:45 PM
That's an interesting truck and it's local. I miss my 64 8E7, I should have never sold it. Bud

Mark L
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Those are current Washington State plates. The stickers on the rear plate show the registration will expire in April 2013. One question to ask is why the vehicle is being sold in California if it's still registered in Washington. Recent move, estate sale?

StudeRich
12-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Those are current Washington State plates. The stickers on the rear plate show the registration will expire in April 2013. One question to ask is why the vehicle is being sold in California if it's still registered in Washington. Recent move, estate sale?

This is nothing unusual on eBay, maybe just someone trying to make a buck buying low and reselling for what he or she is hoping is more. Or not, could be that he or she moved or even, is no longer in Calif. as the Ad says.

This appears to be quite a special Truck that at one time some Stude. lover put quite a bit of effort into, to improve it.

I hope some of you close to it do get to check it out closer, as it could be better, and more solid & rust free than the poor finish on the metal appears.

It is still way below market at $760.00 and no reserve. :!:

scott.rodgers
12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
How do you wear out the passenger side of the seat so much more than the driver's side???? :)

Roscomacaw
12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
There's rust to be sure, but alot of it's "problem" is cosmetic. I think it's got great potential. And I've got a pair of 61 Champ fenders that need a purpose in life.