Palm Springs Life magazine cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Springs Life magazine cover

Does anybody have the article that went along with this issue of this magazine?

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

'Don't have the text, Joe, but studying the photo and the total "appropriateness" of that Avanti in it got me to thinking, wouldn't some barge like a 1962 Cadillac convertible parked right there look downright "dumb" compared to that Avanti? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

WOW wow wow! The Avanti never looked better!!!

Comment

I have it but will have to dig it out. Send me a PM and I will forward you a copy when I find it.
        John Hull

Comment

Joe,

Where did you find the magazine?
          Curt Devan
          Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
          sigpic

Comment

That pic. is on the cover of a AOIA News Letter. The pic. was taken at the Azure Sky Motel. Later in the late 70's or early 80's it was changed to time share condos and the club had to find some where else to have their meets at. One of the few cover shots that I was within 50 feet of when it was being shot.

Comment

I know a thousand pool guys would cringe at parking a car that close to the pool
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Avantict View Post
                I have it but will have to dig it out. Send me a PM and I will forward you a copy when I find it.
                PM sent. Thanks.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by cdevan View Post
                  Joe,

Where did you find the magazine?
                  I don't have the magazine. I found a this cover picture on the H.A.M.B. forum. There is a thread there entitled "Vintage Shots of Days Gone By" Lots of really cool old photos and such. Most, but not all, dealing with pre-1965 automobile stuff.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

Check out this ebay picture. The lady is in a slightly different pose. I only noticed this by looking for the R2 fender emblem (which I don't see in either picture)

Comment

The Press release kit in June '62 probably contained several different Studebaker Corp. pictures.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	country club scene forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1676256
                        Here's another, same car just moved around the corner. I have the original transparency for this and the other two images shown on this thread.
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

[QUOTE=JRoberts;701489]Does anybody have the article that went along with this issue of this magazine?

Joe, I have the complete article. send me your email and I can send it to you.
                          Lew
                          Lew Schucart
                          Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

[QUOTE=lschuc;701699]
                            Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                            Does anybody have the article that went along with this issue of this magazine?

Joe, I have the complete article. send me your email and I can send it to you.
                            Lew
                            Lew...

Maybe the entire article and photos can be reproduced in Avanti Magazine?
                            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              'Don't have the text, Joe, but studying the photo and the total "appropriateness" of that Avanti in it got me to thinking, wouldn't some barge like a 1962 Cadillac convertible parked right there look downright "dumb" compared to that Avanti? BP
                              Its too bad in a way, but I would give a lot of credit to 'lifestyle' type publications such as this one that generated the most interest in the Avanti in its early stages, right when they really needed it! It's such a shame Studebaker didn't have any Avantis for delivery when the demand was at its highest.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X