• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1--R2 Lark face off

My answer to SN-60 (Ed)
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Those are two absolutely delicious Daytonas.....Way to go.....Aussies.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Brian, is that the black 63 I just sent over this past year?
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Oh darn, I expected a Drag Race!

Very nice Cars Brian, a Black one and a White one, Jon Myer would be proud to own those, the ONLY two colors he likes!
        Me, not so much.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

To: packardHawk58,----Brian......What can I say....two beautiful 'R' Studebakers!................................Can't wait to see how the 'special black job' turns out. PS..found a few more 'original' parts for that!

Comment

Anyone know where I can find an nos 63 Lark 160 MPH speedometer? this is the only part that I have not been able to locate for an R2 restoration that I am working on. thanks

Comment

this is a 64 in the 63 with a 65 dash,

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

I think this is what you need 58packardwagon, nice when they are new. No Bob, I haven't started that one yet, been gathering parts for it though, bought a Skytop roof from Bob Andrews going to fit that into it, 5spd from Dan, building up a replica R3 engine for it as well. Have all the panels NOS for it now, got to get my Packardhawk finished first.
                Ok Ed, you have dangled the carrot, I will give you a call this weekend and see what you have, did you get the pics of the Avanti Convertible I just picked up.
                Studie Rich, I saw Myers R2 convertible at SB meet, nice car, we actually went out to the Texas Steak house for dinner one night at the meet along with Greg Diffen, it was good night.
                Rich, do me a favour , see if you can chase Mike down for me and get him to send that door panel for your old 64 to my freighter in L.A, I can't seem to get in contact with him at the minute, not answering emails or phone calls.
                Thanks Brian
                Brian Greenall
                Melbourne, OZ
                sigpic

Comment

Brian, looking great. That white one looks familiar...oh yeah, was in my garage for 23 years!

I did enjoy it while I owned it. A lot of folks said they'd never seen one before with that combination of Avanti power and Skytop, and I believe it.

Was the black car, previously owned by Craig Piper, do you know? It sure looks like the one he had had for a good while.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill Pressler;701472]Brian, looking great. That white one looks familiar...oh yeah, was in my garage for 23 years!

I did enjoy it while I owned it. A lot of folks said they'd never seen one before with that combination of Avanti power and Skytop, and I believe it.

Was the black car, previously owned by Craig Piper, do you know? It sure looks like the one he had had for a good while.[/QUOT

I don't think so Bill, Klif on the forum use to own it, he bought it out of Florida, it is pretty rusty, my buddy bought it on ebay and got ripped preety bad from the last owner, Kliff did warn the new buyer, but he didn't listen.
                    How are you going, have you bought anything new yet?
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

No, nothing new yet. To anyone who is reading this, I did sell my '66 and it's on its way to Australia.

At some point, I could enjoy a '66 Cruiser, even a six-cylinder car. Turnkey or close to it is good for a guy like me. Not much in the car budget now since daughter Kelsey is in college now, but one never knows!
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Those are two very nice Looking Super Larks! Some people see things in black and white. I am more partial to red, but love the black and whilte pair you have.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Good to see the white one made it to it's new home - I grew up with that car!

1971 to 1979 - learned some auto mechanicals on that Stude - even "learned" body repair - what NOT to do! Bill P. probably saw my "work" LOL. Learned how to weld for the next car - my MGB.

Drew

Comment

Another SPY! vs SPY!

Craig

Comment

To: packardHawk58,-----Nothing too exciting Brian, just some of the original script that it was 'born' with......still going 'nuts' looking for those spl rear sway bar spring plates....know there around here somewhere.
                              Talk soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X