Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy this car based on this description?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy this car based on this description?

This strikes me as a waste of eBay fees. No information at all.

Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

It DOES look like they may have poached somebody else's ad. A scam? Ya never know.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
      This strikes me as a waste of eBay fees. No information at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item564fd2dfd3
      Check there other auctions. They have many high end car so I would give them a call. I think if its a good ad you can get it for a better price.

Comment

I do not like eBay listings with ONLY a BIN. EBay is an AUCTION site. It should be used for auctions. I can understand a reserve price and even a BIN along with the auction for those that want to jump in at the BIN.

Does it bother anyone that this is not a 1963 Avanti, as described?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Can't say I've ever seen either a front wheel drive (FWD) or 4 wheel drive (FWD) Avanti before.....also missing the hood ornament and the Studebaker name plate on the trunk lid. More detail needed in the ad.

Dan Miller
          Auburn, GA.

Comment

I noticed that it has an existing warranty. Wow.

Comment

The Interior looks pretty much '63 except the Walnut Steering Wheel, no Pirates' Buckles on the door panels, but it would have to have been wrecked to have square Headlight doors on a '63.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Anyway, it's too shiny.....

Comment

I think the gold paint seems off shade quite a bit or am I wrong about that?

Comment

It DOES look like they may have poached somebody else's ad. A scam? Ya never know.
                    I see the previous sale featured lots of pix and text - unlike this one.
                    I agree it's probably a scam.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I do not like eBay listings with ONLY a BIN. EBay is an AUCTION site. It should be used for auctions. I can understand a reserve price and even a BIN along with the auction for those that want to jump in at the BIN.

Does it bother anyone that this is not a 1963 Avanti, as described?

Appears to have some kind of Stude engine, but seriously doubt if it is Front Wheel Drive (FWD) as described in that eBay ad.

So then what is your best guess as to what it actually ...IS???
                      TIA

Comment

Looks like too much greenish cast in the gold paint for me. I think they got the year wrong also because of the headlights and the walnut toned steering wheel and steering column. The missing gunsight ornament and the blackwall tires do nothing for the look of the car. Scam? may be, but the car doesn't appeal to me. I would not be interested in it.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Yeah, Gary I don't like or usually consider Buy It Nows either for expensive items . Usually a Buy It Now for an expensive item is one for which the owner has an unrealistic, outrageously high overpriced idea of what their property is worth. These items hardly ever sell, and you can block them out so you only look at real auctions. I don't like hidden reserves either; they're often a waste of time also. The bidding should be set at no minimum or a minimum the seller can live with. Dan

Comment

The auction has been pulled.
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                              The auction has been pulled.
                              Yeah, looks like the eBay POLICE have been reading our posts!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X