Back Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Home

After 3.5 week road trip through 8 western states it is good to be back home in toasty Yuma, AZ, knowing that the forum stayed rockin' and rollin'. It took quite a while to get caught up! I notice Glen is campaigning for 2010 national meet theme. That will be quite a gathering here in beautiful Arizona. Also good to know the restoration work on my '53 Commander is closer to being completed. Should be done this fall as hot weather here prevents work for now. My car is the one that was customized in South Dakota in the '50's and stongly resembles a T-Bird. Still have not seen another one like it in person or in picture.
    I saw literally hundreds of '50's, '60's, and '70's cars and trucks sitting outside in Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. I needed a trailer big enough to hold at least 20 cars. Only one Stude, a bullet nose. Makes you wonder how many beauties are just waiting to be restored all over this country.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Thanks for the travel report. It's good to know that there are still lots of old cars sitting around waiting to be rescued. Here in Pennsylvania, most of the old cars that you SEE are either mint condition or beyond saving. The good restorable ones that are left are mostly stored inside (good), but that means we seldom see them when we're out driving around (bad ).
    I've never been west of Indiana. Sounds like a sightseeing road trip out west would be fun! Maybe someday.

Dave Bonn
    54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Thanks for the travel report. It's good to know that there are still lots of old cars sitting around waiting to be rescued. Here in Pennsylvania, most of the old cars that you SEE are either mint condition or beyond saving. The good restorable ones that are left are mostly stored inside (good), but that means we seldom see them when we're out driving around (bad ).
      I've never been west of Indiana. Sounds like a sightseeing road trip out west would be fun! Maybe someday.

Dave Bonn
      54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Working...
      X