Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire Headliners

I know this was kicked around several times in the past but,
    Has anyone come up with a repop headliner kit for the Wagonaires?
    My "new" Wagonaire headliner is like most, water stained and rotted.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Sign up for Joan Fabric's coupons. Wait for a 50% or 60% off coupon. Pick out your vinyl. Carefully disassemble the old one to use as a pattern. Get out the wife's Singer (or bring her a bunch of flowers and ask her to do it) and sew the rod pockets in. $30 top side. That's how I did the Champ and it cost $15 and an evening's work.

A head liner is simple compared to seats and door panels. The only fabrication is a series of straight line rod pockets.

Comment

[QUOTE=mmagic;699375]Sign up for Joan Fabric's coupons. Wait for a 50% or 60% off coupon. Pick out your vinyl. Carefully disassemble the old one to use as a pattern. Get out the wife's Singer (or bring her a bunch of flowers and ask her to do it) and sew the rod pockets in. $30 top side. That's how I did the Champ and it cost $15 and an evening's work.

A head liner is simple compared to seats and door panels. The only fabrication is a series of straight line rod pockets.[/QUOTE
      The Wagonaire headliner is not like standard wagons, they are pressed laminated cardboard and styrofoam. The are the same pattern as Avantis, but have additional silver dots. If the head liner mold Jon Meyers sources for the Avantis could be enlarged, that would be a good place to start.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

OUch..... thanks for the education bezhawk !

Comment

There was no "ouch" intended.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X