PDA

View Full Version : Studebakers in Jan 2013 Hemmings muscle Car Mag.

rodnutrandy
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM
They have a article on muscle car drags and Ted Harbit and George Krem are featured (pictures of their cars). Is another show of force that helps promote Studebaker. Thanks to all who take their rides to the muscle car drags!

Stu Chapman
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
They have a article on muscle car drags and Ted Harbit and George Krem are featured (pictures of their cars). Is another show of force that helps promote Studebaker. Thanks to all who take their rides to the muscle car drags!

Hemmings is certainly been good for Studebaker coverage lately. Do you have something to do with this Bob Palma.
Stu Chapman

63 R2 Hawk
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Studebakers can be Muscle Cars? Who knew!!!!! (I did).

BobPalma
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Hemmings is certainly been good for Studebaker coverage lately. Do you have something to do with this Bob Palma. Stu Chapman

'Can't take credit for anything directly, Stu. Possibly osmosis, but that's it.

I've been to the Hemmings Editorial HQ in Bennington VT, of course, with a personal tour by Managing Editor Richard Lentinello. They have a complete library of Turning Wheels, and receive the new one each month. I know most staffers read it and are impressed, so that probably leaves them with a good feeling about the marque's supporters being alive and well...and numerous.

Turning Wheels remains Studebaker's best front door, since it can be more easily accessed than making a pilgrimage to the impressive Studebaker National Museum.

Along these lines, Hemmings Writer and Photographer Matt Litwin (I met him at last year's Pure Stock Drags) has contacted cousin George Krem within the last couple days. They would like to do a photo shoot of The Plain Brown Wrapper at the 2013 Pure Stock Drags next year, and prepare a feature article on The Plain Brown Wrapper for an early-2014 issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines. Woo-hoo!

As for the 2012 Pure Stock Drags report for Turning Wheels, I just yesterday finished proofing it for Ann Turner for the January 2013 Turning Wheels about to go to press. It came out real nice. As usual, Ann did a wonderful job juggling everything and arranging all the elements attractively. ;) BP

Chris Pile
12-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Studebakers are finally taking over the world.....

Wonder if that makes us trendsetters?