Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window 2-Piece Blinds

Dear Fellow Forum Folks,

Does anyone out there know of a set of Rear Window Blinds available for sale?
    It's for a friends '47 Champion 2-Door sedan.
    He's been searching for several months and has so far come up empty.
    Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks All, ................. Harv
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
    * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

PM sent...
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thought that I'd update this request with a proper part number for this item.
      We are looking for P/N AC-1531. Hope that this helps with a find.
      .... Thanks, Harv
      StudeBakerHarv

Comment

Back in the 80's I bought a pair of blinds from Windy Hill auto wrecking in Minnesota (near Wapton Hills) for my 50 Starlight. When I receive them they were for a 2 door sedan, so I sent them back. Ther is a remote chance that they still have them, as I got my money back. Just google Windy Hill.

Mark

Comment

its not what your looking for but these are a bit on the steep side !!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Studeba...99c663&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by Rooneytoons View Post
            ...these are a bit on the steep side !!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Studeba...99c663&vxp=mtr
            Actually, I saw a set at York over fifteen years ago that was fairly bent up. The seller wanted $425. This is the first set I've ever seen primed in blue but...who's to say? No doubt the set Harv is looking for is out there somewhere. Keep it in the public eye, Harv. Also place a want ad in TURNING WHEELS.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Harv, I believe I talked to your friend a few weeks back over the phone. I had a set of NOS ones but they went to a buddy with a '50 sedan. I've never seen another set.

Comment

Guys, Thanks so very much for the quick responses and leads.

Mark, I took your info and phoned Windy Hill in MN. They don't have any and haven't seen any for quite a while. Oh well.
                Sean, I looked at the ebay advert. Not sure my friend wants to pay that much but he may have to. He'll put in a bid.
                Brad, I paid $125 18 yrs ago, you saw $425 15 yrs ago at York, now $750 on ebay! I guess that those of us who have them should really hang onto them. I'll have my friend put a "Parts Wanted" advert in TW as you suggested.
                Matt, I believe that Lee mentioned speaking with you too (and, as he remembers, about 25 other Stude folks too).

Thanks guys. This SDC Forum has come thru again as it has so many times for me.
                A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year to each of you and your loved ones.

Thanks, Harv
                StudeBakerHarv

Comment

Harv,
                  I sent you a PM about a set. I have them numbered as L1506 as that is the number stenciled on them when they were made.
                  Chuck Collins Chuck@studebakerparts.com

Comment

Chuck, Thanks for the PM info. I'll have Lee give you a call. Thanks again, Harv
                    StudeBakerHarv

Comment

Be aware that the two piece set for sedans is completely different than the four piece set for 5 passenger coupes. You cannot use two pieces of a five piece set in a sedan.

Also be aware that some vendors try to sell TWO two piece sedan sets as ONE starlight coupe set.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Roy,

Your warning is right-on. Whoever else goes searching for a set of blinds should definitely do their homework before buying. I would hope that most vendors would be as knowledgeable and as honest as Chuck Collins is and know their products. But, I guess that there are the few out there to watch out for.
                        The sedan blinds are shaped entirely different from the coupe blinds and would not fit. The sedan blinds have 11 slats and the coupe blinds have 8.

Thanks, Harv
                        StudeBakerHarv

Comment

Originally posted by Harv View Post
                          Roy,

Your warning is right-on. Whoever else goes searching for a set of blinds should definitely do their homework before buying. I would hope that most vendors would be as knowledgeable and as honest as Chuck Collins is and know their products. But, I guess that there are the few out there to watch out for.
                          The sedan blinds are shaped entirely different from the coupe blinds and would not fit. The sedan blinds have 11 slats and the coupe blinds have 8.

Thanks, Harv
                          That's an interesting piece of info should I ever look for some

Comment

Working...
                          X