Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna Instructions

Hello,

Does anyone have the instruction sheet for the reel type antenna that I believe was built after 1953 or later. I am trying to install mine on a 1961 lark and am having difficulty. If someone here had the original sheet and a scanner they could send a copy to me via email in picture form.

Or even if it was typed and sent to me. I just need a general idea as to how they intended the antenna to install.

Note: I do have the correct antenna for the model year.

Thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Copies of original Studebaker templates and installation instructions, if they exist in the club archives, are available from SDC Historian David Mottle. See the last page of 'most any Turning Wheels for his contact information. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Copies of original Studebaker templates and installation instructions, if they exist in the club archives, are available from SDC Historian David Mottle. See the last page of 'most any Turning Wheels for his contact information. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have a copy of the 47-52 if that will help, but the issue is the "profile" of your fender.

Does the Lark(s) have an "indent" inthe side kick pad like the earlier models? There is a space that acccepts the the shaft and the mounting bracket then screws to the kickpad.

BG

Comment

I have a copy of the 47-52 if that will help, but the issue is the "profile" of your fender.

Does the Lark(s) have an "indent" inthe side kick pad like the earlier models? There is a space that acccepts the the shaft and the mounting bracket then screws to the kickpad.

BG

Comment

When you contact Dave Mottle, send a couple of dollars for copy cost and postage.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When you contact Dave Mottle, send a couple of dollars for copy cost and postage.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have th instructions and template for a 53. The template states that it is "for bodies without wraparound windshield". Does that include a 61? One side of it is for bodies C, K and S; the other side for W, F and Y. If you think this will work, let me know and I will try to scan and email.

Don Wilson
                53 Commander Hardtop
                64 Champ 1/2 ton
                Centralia, WA
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I have th instructions and template for a 53. The template states that it is "for bodies without wraparound windshield". Does that include a 61? One side of it is for bodies C, K and S; the other side for W, F and Y. If you think this will work, let me know and I will try to scan and email.

Don Wilson
                  53 Commander Hardtop
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton
                  Centralia, WA
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I do not believe anyone that offered to help, you had the right thing for a '61 Lark with wraparound W/S.

The good news: I have the correct AC-3012 Manual crank-up antenna kit with instructions here.

The not-so good news: I am having trouble setting up my Canon Scanner/Printer, since my hard drive crashed & was replaced! Might take a while, sorry.

It does include a add-on supplementary instruction sheet for cars that previously had the AC-2688 manual antenna, apparently the fender mounting hole was too large 15/16" vs 5/8" and requires you to make a bushing from a 15/16" OD heater hose by 1 1/4" long. It goes under the fender.

Rich.

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I do not believe anyone that offered to help, you had the right thing for a '61 Lark with wraparound W/S.

The good news: I have the correct AC-3012 Manual crank-up antenna kit with instructions here.

The not-so good news: I am having trouble setting up my Canon Scanner/Printer, since my hard drive crashed & was replaced! Might take a while, sorry.

It does include a add-on supplementary instruction sheet for cars that previously had the AC-2688 manual antenna, apparently the fender mounting hole was too large 15/16" vs 5/8" and requires you to make a bushing from a 15/16" OD heater hose by 1 1/4" long. It goes under the fender.

Rich.

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hello, Studerich? If you get this message, I tried emailing you but I think either your email won't accept yahoo accounts or your busy at the present time. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring the help that you were offering and whenever you get that scanner up and running I would very much appreciate the instructions that you have.

Also, thank you all for the replies on this subject.
                        1947 Studebaker M-5
                        1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Hello, Studerich? If you get this message, I tried emailing you but I think either your email won't accept yahoo accounts or your busy at the present time. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring the help that you were offering and whenever you get that scanner up and running I would very much appreciate the instructions that you have.

Also, thank you all for the replies on this subject.
                          1947 Studebaker M-5
                          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Working...
                          X