Cut up Stude on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut up Stude on CL

Not mine, but YIKES!! Not to speak bad of someone elses work but this looks like a hot mess. Anyone know anything more about this car?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/3360334792.html

On one hand, I would never do this myself, but on the other hand, it has possibilities.... if the work was done right.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

And you'll cut what windshield to fit that distorted frame???
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Someone with time, money, facilities and skills could turn this in to an enviable rod. It's a shame the initial customizer lost his prowess. This is often the case. Now it is only salable to someone with the same vision.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Kind of sad to see this happen over and over.
          Creative vision without tools, talent, or fiscal ability creates this kind of stuff.
          Not being unkind to anyone, but there a name I use for these...

Junkyard creations.

See them all the time....for sale.
          Nice looking, but when you flip the hood open, there's a junkyard engine with a cheap chrome air cleaner and chrome valve covers.
          Junkyard seats, junkyard aluminum wheels, Maaco paint job.

Not saying that is all a bad thing...
          But they rarely ever get done.
          And that is a bad thing, and a sad thing.
          (and usually overpriced for what it really is, too).....

Too far changed to undo... Not changed well enough to finish it right.
          Money's all spent... Lost interest...Looking for next project...Willing to trade...
          An on and on it goes...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

$7,500.00!

Good Grief...wonder how much prime Florida swamp land this poor guy has bought? Noticed that he says that the frame has been boxed...however, no mention of any modifications to the little "one year only" design of the Champion front suspension. With that monster engine in there...I'd bet you'd have to jack the car off the ground to turn the wheel. Once it's rolling...aim for your lane and hope for the best!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Exactly why I would not attempt such a thing. I would rather have a stockish car that runs than a half built idea car. However, I learned my limitations by going too far on some vehicles in my earlier days. Some of these guys are doing the same thing.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

For something to park at a hoods up, show and shine, this - in it's finished form - might get some looks. But isn't it funny that most cars of this ilk - even IF "finished" - are NEVER seen out for a casual drive! Hell, I LIVE in the very place that the American Graffiti movie was imagined to have happened. After 22 years here, I can tell you that it's just about NEVER that you see something like this on the streets here - even back when regular gas flirted with at a buck a gallon about 18 years ago! We won't even talk about the $4.50-something we just saw two months ago.
                This poor Stude is someone's having fooled themselves that they could get invited to the Oakland Roadster show when they were done. What they really did was come up with an easy (wheeled) way to get this to the scrap metal place. At best, it's some 40-something's friction-powered toy - one with a broken motor spring.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's been remuddled.
                  Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                  Kenmore, Washington
                  hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                  '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                  '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                  '69 Pontiac Firebird
                  (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

The price is about 3 times what it should be, given the evident quality of the work. If you could buy it for $2500, finish it off, and paint it resale red, there might be a buck to be made. But then again, in this economy, there are going to be plenty of nice cars going begging for buyers.
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It has a 51 taillight on one side and a 50 on the other

Comment

Dick Steinkamp would tell us to quit knocking someone else's work.
                        Actually, this seller is not the one that did the work. In fact he would accept a stock Stude in trade. Maybe he's one of us!
                        At least it's not just a bare motor sitting in there. It's been wired and external filters have been plumbed. Might actually run.

Hey, what this car needs IS Dick Steinkamp!
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

A Carson Top will do it wonders .................

Comment

Working...
                          X