Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Chrome mounting drilling templates needed 1955 C- President

Hi All:

I think I read somewhere on this forum about available drilling templates. However a search today could not locate same. I have the 1955 Body and Shop Manuals.

1955 President C (Coupe). A P/O removed several of the chrome pieces and molded off the holes. This build was done at least two owners back. It was a good job, including molding and paint. The original holes are almost impossible to locate, even on the underside (As on the hood). Thankfully these pieces came with the car. I have the following chrome pieces to reinstall and need a source for drilling templates:

Hood Bird, Top of front fender "Spears" Backup Lights and "Studebaker President" bar that goes around the trunk latch.

Getting closer to Road Trip! Any leads will be appreciated.

C/B

try looking here

hope you find what you need. cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

You will find the templates for the back up lights on the link junior provided but probably not the hood ornaments, fender spears or trunk handle.
      It would be a simple matter to insert studs in to the trunk handle, dab the studs with some grease or compound and set over the trunk lock to mark your spots for drilling. Get someone who has a similar model to supply a measurement from the leading hood edge and the leading fender edge for the other items and do the same marking with studs inserted in trim.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The trunk lid handle template would have been included with the '53-'55 Deck Lids. It could be filed under that part number at the SN Museum.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X