Thoughts for 2013 National Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts for 2013 National Awards

I was allowed to participate as a "junior" judge in South Bend. I am grateful for that opportunity and I learned a lot.
    I am, however, concerned about the apparent lateness of the judging sheets, etc. being delivered to the
    car owners. I continue to see people basically asking, "Hey! where is my award?"
    I am hopeful that the 2013 Colorado Springs meet will be able to communicate with last years awards committee to find out why they took and are taking so long (it's now 4 months!) and put in place a mechanism that will get these awards out to the participating owners within a reasonable time- say a week or two if not immediately.
    I write out of ignorance and realize that this may not be possible, but want it to be at the front of the judging committee's mind come 2013 Meet time.

Personally I don't think that SDC should be responsible for the cost of mailing out a $10 trophy. If one can't attend the awards banquet he /she should have someone in their local chapter pick up there trophy or if that won't work make arrangements ( leave payment) with the host chapter. They are always looking for ways to save us money at these meets and sending these trophout sure isn't one.......just my opinion, ( every International I've attended I've gone to the banquet and I have brought home a few trophys for others)
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If you want your car judged on Thurs. but cant afford or want to stay for Friday awards, then I do not think that S D C should be responsible for mailing or whatever your winning trophy, that is your responsibility.
      Evan Severson

Comment

I don't think it's a matter of affordability for the participants. A better system could mail all of the judging sheets to the participants homes, with the cost of mailing included in the judging registration. Winners of a trophy, not attending the presentation banquet, would be asked for an appropriate remittance to cover shipping and handling of their award. That way costs are covered and money is not wasted on those not interested in the hardware.
        In my case, I have requested that a fax of the judging sheet be sent to my fax line that is recorded with the SDC membership information, but my fax machine has been silent.
        Last edited by WCP; 11-30-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wouild it make sense???

Originally posted by DrDon View Post
          I was allowed to participate as a "junior" judge in South Bend. I am grateful for that opportunity and I learned a lot.
          I am, however, concerned about the apparent lateness of the judging sheets, etc. being delivered to the
          car owners. I continue to see people basically asking, "Hey! where is my award?"
          I am hopeful that the 2013 Colorado Springs meet will be able to communicate with last years awards committee to find out why they took and are taking so long (it's now 4 months!) and put in place a mechanism that will get these awards out to the participating owners within a reasonable time- say a week or two if not immediately.
          I write out of ignorance and realize that this may not be possible, but want it to be at the front of the judging committee's mind come 2013 Meet time.
          A suggestion has come to the international Meet Committee that we might, for future Meets (not Colorado 2013), want to consider adding a fee to the Registration Form wherein a person who is having a Studebaker judged at an International Meet but is NOTattending the Awards Banquet, could pay a fee to have their trophy and possibly their judging sheet sent to them in whatever USPS "If it fits, it ships"-sized box?

Comments are welcome to studeguy54@verizon.net or here..

Thanks

Denny Foust, for the International Meet Committee

Comment

so what if your the only one from your Chapter there? which happened to me at Springfield. I believe I paid for the banquet, but left early to get back to Houston.
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
            X