Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update: Gas Pump fall into Golden Hawk trunk finally fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: update: Gas Pump fall into Golden Hawk trunk finally fixed!

For those of you that recall and/or gave tips on how to fix this, here is the updated trunk-lip on my 57 Golden Hawk after my "Visible Gas Pump" got knocked over and into my open trunk.....
    Ended up using a friends "puller" with my engine hoist to pull the upper lip out and up as much as possible, then had to cut an access hole on the inside of the trunk to pound out uneven /sunken areas of the sheet metal.
    Ended up doing WAY too much welding/grinding/welding/grinding etc..... before I had the strip "almost' flat again (compound curve doesn't help) so should be minimal Bondo to smooth it out later. Found some rusted thin areas that needed correcting on BOTH sides of the car so not all the gas pumps fault. Sure good to be done! Way too much time spent on something I could have avoided by flipping the garage door opener breaker off :-)
    Live and learn.
    thanks for all the tips and encouragement.
    Barry
    Attached Files

Good job! Yes, lots of work but at least you know it's not full of Bondo like some shops might do.

Comment

To: bsrosell,----Glad that You got through it.....after this, the average dent or crease will be a 'piece of cake' for You!

Comment

Working...
      X