X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, it's a tough job...

...but somebody's gotta' do it:

From the October 1962 Studebaker News. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Unlikely that he had that many convertibles in stock (yeh, I know it's California but...). My guess some were borrowed from other local dealers.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I want to see the rest of the story about the Lark with "Four on the Floor"....

Comment

Anyone else notice how those girls look like they just stepped off the set of American Graffiti?

(They didn't call 'em "the good ole' days" fer nothin,' ya' know.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
          I want to see the rest of the story about the Lark with "Four on the Floor"....
          Sorry, Ed; "What you see is what you get!" BP

Comment

Oh well, nothing wrong with some babes to look at. Wonder if they've aged any since that article..... I haven't..... ; )

Comment

For whatever it's worth, Hamer Motors is still in business (and very successful) as Hamer Toyota (at the same location after all these years!).
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                For whatever it's worth, Hamer Motors is still in business (and very successful) as Hamer Toyota (at the same location after all these years!).
                That's no surprise! 'Looks like he had in goin' on in '62! BP

Comment

I wonder how many of those gals bought a Studebaker after seeing these convertibles?
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Jeez,

That's a lotta hair spray in one place.
                    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                    Kenmore, Washington
                    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                    '69 Pontiac Firebird
                    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Nice ladies!!! The cars aren't too shabby either.

Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                        Howard,
                        I thought you'ld catch this, and I only use to lived in Orange County. Look at the photo caption of the cities that the ladies were transported through: Mission Hills, OK; North Hills, OK; Granada Hills, OK, Sylvan, were's that? never heard of it; maybe they ment Sylmar, OK; and finially San Fransisco? what did the do, take a 400 mile ride up highway 1 to Frisco? Oh maybe they ment San Fernando, OK. Was this article from a locale LA news paper? Kind of sloppy journalism.
                        Mike

Comment

Bob, I am so glad you got a scanner! You have the neatest articles and photos. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post
                            Bob, I am so glad you got a scanner! You have the neatest articles and photos. Awesome.
                            Thanks, Barry. Actually, I had it all along; it was part of my printer that I didn't know how to use! BP

Comment

Working...
                            X