PDA

View Full Version : Parting out 1964 Cruiser - Greyhound shipping 25% Off

Pat Dilling
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Greyhound is offering a 25% discount for items shipped until December 14. The price quoted by their web page to ship a door (70 pounds packaged) from CA to NJ figures a little over $60 at this discount. Now is the time to ship something heavy if you need it.

The time has finally arrived to begin dis-assembly of my 1964 Cruiser. I am planning to use parts of this car to make my 1954 Conestoga operational. I realize that this Cruiser is a pretty nice car and could be made a good driver, but there is no way I could acquire the parts I plan to use from it for my Conestoga for what I have invested in the Cruiser. Hopefully these parts will help others live on. The car is located in Olivehurst, CA about 40 miles North of Sacramento.

I plan to use the V8 motor, the Dana 44 rear end and brakes, the entire front suspension and brakes, the shocks, the various 12 volt parts under the hood, the master cylinder and booster, the hanging brake pedal assembly and gas pedal, and possibly the steering wheel and column. Just about everything else is up for sale. If there is someone who would like to purchase everything except the parts I need, I will give them priority and make them a good deal. I will also consider moving enough of the parts I take off the Conestoga to the Cruiser to make it a roller, if that is desired. Price on the whole package is negotiable.

You can see pictures of the car here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9729183@N02/sets/72157627372758297/with/8203431943/

All the body panels on the car are straight. The only rust on the whole car is some light surface rust on the hood and left front fender. The frame is also solid and straight. The dash pad has one small crack in the corner of the speaker. I don't know if the gauges work. [Edit - Gauges, switches and panel are sold.] The car has the glove box vanity with mirror and it is in very nice shape. The car has the original Borg Warner automatic transmission and I am told it worked fine when the car was last run about 5 years ago. It has 71,000 miles and the fluid is clean. Except for the windshield the glass is all good.

I am not a Studebaker parts dealer as such, so I am not real sure what these parts are worth. I am offering them here and on the Studebaker Parts Swap Page before putting them on EBay. I mainly want to recoup my original investment. I gotta start some where so general prices are: fenders $75 ea, complete doors with glass and interior $100 ea, Hood $100, Trunk lid $150, Tail light assembly $30. I will consider offers on everything else or if you feel my price is unreasonable. Price does not include shipping, which would be done via Greyhound bus for the larger pieces, unless you have a better plan. Discounts available to anyone who buys in bulk, helps in dis-assembly or picks up in person. Here are a couple teaser pictures:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8347/8189488682_7f67f0914f_z.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6062/6071843908_5ef7bcb267_z.jpg

Please use private message or you can email directly p.dilling at comcast.net, just replace the "at" with @. I will be happy to share my phone number through either of those methods. Thanks

Pat Dilling
11-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Bumpers, Grill and headlights, and gauges are now spoken for. Thanks

jackb
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm not on commision here, but that blue interior would brighten up a nice Wagonaire with the rear wing vents in the back doors....Is all the glass tinted ?

mbstude
11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm not on commision here, but that blue interior would brighten up a nice Wagonaire with the rear wing vents in the back doors....Is all the glass tinted ?

Hey Jack. The rear doors and back seat won't fit a Wagonaire.

StudeDave57
11-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Hey Jack. The rear doors and back seat won't fit a Wagonaire.
That's not entirely true.
If you un-bolt the window frames the doors would fit real nice... ;) :)

scott.rodgers
11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
That's a very nice dash in that car and can be dyed another color pretty easily.

57pack
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Hello Pat, Please check your PM. Thank you, Bill

T-CAB
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
What a shame! 1964 Cruiser's are rare. That one looked very solid. Way better then the '64 Daytona that I am currently restoring.

T-cab

starliner62
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd buy the front seat if you weren't so far away!! Think Greyhound would ship the seat????

Mike Sal
11-22-2012, 06:23 AM
I sure could use the body shell, especially portions of the "C" pillar. Why are all the good parts so far away.......
Mike Sal
So. IL

Pat Dilling
11-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Drivers door, all side trim, stone guards, door pillar molding, trunk lid and vanity now claimed.

Thanks

Scott
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I feel sick.

Pat Dilling
12-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Bumping this to the top to advertise the Greyhound Shipping Discount. So far at least 10 different cars are benefiting from this Cruiser.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

Thanks