Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 1957 Silver Hawk speedometer

My speedometer doesn't work. Even if it did the pointer is broken

Are other Studebaker speedometers compatible. I see Lark speedometers for sale on eBay and they look like they would fit but I don't want to buy one only to add it to my collection of things I thought would work only to find they don't.
    Thanks

Originally posted by swaim View Post
    My speedometer doesn't work. Even if it did the pointer is broken

Are other Studebaker speedometers compatible. I see Lark speedometers for sale on eBay and they look like they would fit but I don't want to buy one only to add it to my collection of things I thought would work only to find they don't.
    Thanks
    1956 thru 1961 HAWK speedometers should be interchangeable.

Comment

Any GT Hawk, 62-64 speedometer will also fit the hole but has a black, not chrome, bezel. A '55 Speedster speedometer will also fit, they have a 160 mph dial with large and small alternating numbering.

Comment

A vendor at the International meet had 3or 4 nice ones. I bought one. I don't know if he is here on the forum or not,but it should be easy to find the correct one.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The '61 to '66 Larks and Lark "Types" are too large to fit without mods to the dash.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            The '61 to '66 Larks and Lark "Types" are too large to fit without mods to the dash.

Thanks...I will keep looking for the correct one.

Comment

A good place to look is Studebakerswap.com.They have 'for sale' and 'parts wanted' sections.
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I have some, but then Barry Hackney in Houston should have some also.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X