Studebaker Fire Truck in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Fire Truck in the UK

I am the very proud owner of 2R17A T.A.S.C fire pumper here in the UK.

We are looking for any 1950's memorabilia/photos of our truck in service. Particularly the 'Smiths' indian backpack style extinguishers. Our truck had 4 of these fitted when it was in service but has lost them all over the years.

If anyone has any information or photographs we would be very grateful
    Many thanks
    Helen Borton.

Oh, that a beauty. Very nice truck. Not sure of anybody that has vintage Indian extinguishers laying around, but they are out there. It seems a bit unusual that a pumper rig like that would have had 4 of those on it, typically those are used to contain brush fires.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

That is one sweet lookin' ride!!!
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Ms. Borton,

About 8 or 9 months ago I inspected a house being sold on a hilltop south of Seattle. The seller was a retired fireman and he had a collection of fire trucks and a guest house completely laid out as a sort of fireman's museum. Every nook and cranny of the house, garage, guest house, guest hourse basement and parking was full of fireman stuff. If anyone would probably know where to find what you're looking for, that guy probably would. I'll see if I can find out his name and I'll PM you with it if I turn something up.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Ms. Borton,

I think I've found just what you need. I did an online search for the property records and then pulled up the previous owner and did a google search along with the words fire chief. It pulled up a link to that guys 40th Year as a Firefighter Celebration on a firefighters forum. I bet you can email him or pm there or perhaps even post your inquiry there.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            Oh, that a beauty. Very nice truck. Not sure of anybody that has vintage Indian extinguishers laying around, but they are out there. It seems a bit unusual that a pumper rig like that would have had 4 of those on it, typically those are used to contain brush fires.
            I noted that it came from colorado so it may have been used to combat forest fires.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Hats off to UK collectors who have fire and military trucks. With your fuel prices what they are, you must LOVE your trucks.

Well done!!!
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have a backpack brass fire extinguisher I'd let go of. Has been sitting outside, so the webbing is all shot or gone. Shipping would be the issue.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Hello, I am president of the Sweetwater Fire Dept in Hammonton NJ . And a Studebaker Packard owner. If your other contacts fail, We may have a spare Indian Tank we could donate.
                  Have family in Oxfordshire, visited your beautiful country often.
                  Let me know,
                  Cheers, Bill
                  P/S
                  Found some info about your Fire truck. If you contact the fire station directly, perhaps they would have some photographs and information on your truck. You can contact them by email at neshanicfire@comcast.net or snail mail, Neshanic Vol. Fire Co. PO Box 633, Neshanic Station NJ 08853 USA Chief there is Bill Iden, hope this helps.
                  Last edited by 57pack; 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM.
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
                  X