Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960 Hawk Side Trim Removal (Bottom of Fin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1960 Hawk Side Trim Removal (Bottom of Fin)

I want to remove the side trim on the quarter panels of a 1960 Hawk. It is the trim that covers the lower part of each fin. I am a little hesitant to prying as I am afraid of bending the trim. Any suggestions as to how to remove these ? I am planning to paint the car (my first attempt at painting), and there is needed attention that would be better done with the trim off. Also, I might want to remove the trim on the front fenders. Suggestions welcome regarding that also.

I sincerely am thankful for the suggestions I have been given for working on this car. I am beginning to feel guilty as I am never able to assist anybody else with advice !

Thanks in advance,

Ed Kutch

There will be nuts to unscrew behind[or 'inside of' the fender. They are easy to get at from UNDER the car,but there might be years worth of dirt and junk hiding them. It will take some patience to clean up the inside and locate all of the nuts! Some of them might be 'snap in' type clips-but it is best to squeeze them and push out from the inside also,so as to not damage the moulding.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
    X