PDA

View Full Version : Wanted-power steering set up

Rosstude
11-17-2012, 01:25 PM
All,
I am preparing to refresh my wife's 57 wagon after a little rear end collision, and after the bump she took, now needs power steering for this to remain workable as a daily driver.
So, I am hoping the fellowship of the club forum can help with some leads on the needed parts.
Its my understanding the post 57 Bendix power steering parts will all bolt up, except the pitman arm/box. I would rather not change the box, and column.
After looking at the manual, it looks like 58, 59, and 60 cars had the Ross box, and pitman arm number 1543235, I think this pitman arm is the key to making the conversion without changing the Ross box and column out.
It has a V/8, with vintage air double crank pulley. I need a pump and V/8 brackets, bell crank, ram and brackets, drag link with control valve, and the 1543235 "Ross" pitman arm, the whole ball-o-wax.
No matter if the parts are greasy and needy, or rebuilt and ready to go, although a rebuilt and ready "kit" would be nice at this juncture as I have more cash than time. (that don't happen too often)
So, if anyone has for sale, or has a lead on a complete 58-60 set up, or individual parts irregardless of year, or help on the 57 to later stuff retrofit, I would be very much obliged.

SN-60
11-17-2012, 03:57 PM
To Rosstude,----Sensible conversion....and I agree with You that the '58-up power steering system would be easier to add (and find) than the Saginaw integral system which would have came on Your '57 wagon...
(if it had that option)

Roscomacaw
11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Ross, I have a couple of the Bendix systems lying around here. What model they're out of, I'm not sure anymore.

Rosstude
11-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Bob, I dropped you a PM. Thanks.
This place is great!