Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Installation Location AC-3225 Underhood Light

Hi All,

My friend and I are wanting to install our underhood lights, but can't find any details on where/how to install.

Does the light install on the firewall or underneath the hood itself???

If anyone has access to some printed instructions we'd much appreciate it if they can be scanned for us.

Thanks in anticipation

The lights we have were purchased from Ecklers El Camino store and are bent at the bottom, perhaps for the El Camino, does anyone know whether this bottom plate needs straightening before installation into a 1962 Lark?
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Not sure this will help, but the AC2442 underhood light used on 53-55 cars mounted on the hood cross brace right at the back of the hood. The mounting flange is straight, and the ight is mounted roughly parallel to the hood surface. Since they have mercury switches in them, they have to be mounted on the hood itself so they'll turn off when the hood is closed. The instructions suggest bending the mounting flange so the light goes off when the hood is about 5 inches above the closed position.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
      Hi All, My friend and I are wanting to install our underhood lights, but can't find any details on where/how to install. Does the light install on the firewall or underneath the hood itself??? If anyone has access to some printed instructions we'd much appreciate it if they can be scanned for us. Thanks in anticipation
      >>>
      Of course you can get your very own copy of the original Studebaker installation instructions here: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rtemplates.htm

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Cheers Jim, I'll do that, just a shame he isn't up to 21st century technology (no email orders or paypal).
        John Clements

Comment

Not sure if the Lark series hoods are the same....but I believe C/K models have factory pre-drilled holes (R&L) for this light, whether the car had this option or not.

Comment

I recall a forum member posting a photo of a Lark with one installed which appeared to almost be directly in front of where the steering wheel would be in a RHD vehicle, perhaps if that member reads this post he/she (?) can repost their image as I couldn't locate it.
            John Clements

Comment

Found this post from Bordeaux Daytona back in 2011 and it seems this item is attached underneath the hood.

The template will say when it arrives.

Last edited by avantilover; 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM.
              John Clements

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                I recall a forum member posting a photo of a Lark with one installed which appeared to almost be directly in front of where the steering wheel would be in a RHD vehicle, perhaps if that member reads this post he/she (?) can repost their image as I couldn't locate it.
                That's where the 64 Accesssory book shows it mounted.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Cheers Mate, Bob Johnstone is getting one to send to me and Chris Skinner in Queensland is supplying similar information. It'll soon be installed I guess.
                  John Clements

Comment

Working...
                  X