PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Kelly Passes Away

Avantict
11-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Just heard Leonard Kelly, Mike Kelly's father has passed away yesterday in South Bend. Source was a family member. Leonard was one of those readers digest characters and a man of integrity. He worked for Mike at Avanti in South Bend, Youngstown, Villa Rica and Cancun. The world is a lesser place without him.

I suspect information will be in South Bend Tribune soon.

Chris_Dresbach
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about this. Leonard was a good guy. I heard a while back that his health was on the decline but that was it.

LarkTruck
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Sad news indeed. Leonard was the GLUE that held The "New" Avanti Motors together. I can still hear him say "get it on the truck, let the dealer fix it", when we were up against the clock in the final assembly area trying to fix all the screwed up cars coming off the line. I wish I would have kept a journal of my 6 months of employment in '87, it was very interesting.
REST IN PEACE LEONARD.
Jim

studegary
11-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Sad news indeed. Leonard was the GLUE that held The "New" Avanti Motors together. I can still hear him say "get it on the truck, let the dealer fix it", when we were up against the clock in the final assembly area trying to fix all the screwed up cars coming off the line. I wish I would have kept a journal of my 6 months of employment in '87, it was very interesting.
REST IN PEACE LEONARD.
Jim

Not the way to ship an expensive, premium car. This is from someone that purchased a 1987 Avanti new (#--006, fourth sold to the public). The dealer was 45 miles from my home. No fun taking a day off to bring the car back to have the dealer attempt to finish constructing the car.

billmdonn
11-16-2012, 06:54 PM
They have been holding Michael Kelly for going on 3 years or so. When will they either have a trial, or at least set a bail amount?

Avantict
11-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Funeral Information can be found at Palmer Funeral Home South Bend website viewing Wednesday. Funeral and internment this coming Thursday. If coming and can bring Studebaker or Avanti family would appreciate it.

Questions please email direct

avantifromct@aol.com

StudeMichael
11-23-2012, 12:52 PM
They have been holding Michael Kelly for going on 3 years or so. When will they either have a trial, or at least set a bail amount?

The government can hold suspects indefinitely now without a trial.