PDA

View Full Version : Window price sticker availability

Studebaker Wheel
11-15-2012, 12:19 AM
I just recently mailed out my 250th window price sticker. I have never before advertised this service but contacts have been made principally by word of mouth. I will for the first time be advertising with the Jan 2013 Turning Wheels. If anyone has an interest details are available at my website: www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.ht (http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.ht)

The ad that I will be running is as follows:

Window Price stickers for all Studebakers 1929-66. Authentic and accurate. Can email samples rtq11@aol.com. Price $40 plus $2 postage. Satisfaction guaranteed. Richard Quinn 20026 Wolf Rd. Mokena IL 60448 Ph: 708-479-2658

Might make a nice Christmas gift?

1958 Golden Hawk sample:

Silverplate
11-15-2012, 04:07 AM
I was very happy with the one you made for my Avanti. Thanks again...Mike

Bill Pressler
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I was happy with the one you made me way back when for my old '63 Skytop. That car cost $3,900 retail; pretty stiff for a Lark but with the sunroof, R1, air, and Twin Traction, the price went up and up.

BTW, if I need any price stickers for any widows I know, I'll let you know! ;)

Mrs K Corbin
11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Now I just wish I could find the serial# of my 2R5.....
Yes, I know where it's supposed to be... No it's not there...
I do have the engine serial#, apparently Okieland registered it by the engine serial#, not the truck serial...

Anybody know a way to track it down?

Flashback
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
When did Studebaker actually start using window stickers? (what year)

Studebaker Wheel
11-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Required by law on all passenger cars for 1959 and later model years. It is on my web site:
http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.htm

Studebaker Wheel
11-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Now I just wish I could find the serial# of my 2R5.....
Yes, I know where it's supposed to be... No it's not there...
I do have the engine serial#, apparently Okieland registered it by the engine serial#, not the truck serial...

Anybody know a way to track it down?

Actually it can be done but it is a bit laborious. Contact me by pm (or email direct) if you want to follow-up.

I have done them for both R and M series trucks. Below a sample of the M Series.

JBOYLE
11-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I enjoy the one you made for my Avanti...I have a laminated one I tape to windows for car shows. People can't believe it had a sticker of $5500.
For lesser know cars like Studebakers, facts like that are important to show it's place in the market.

Studebaker Wheel
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I always send out two when I do them. One for the car and a second for the permanent file. I also keep a digital file of each one. In case they are lost or damaged they can be replaced.

studegary
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I think that this is a good service that you provide.
I do question your use of "Authentic and accurate". Studebakers did not have a typical, required window price sticker prior to the 1959 models. I also know that you have made price stickers up to match the current configuration of a vehicle, diregarding how it was built. I can see where that decision is up to the owner. It does provide usefull information when displayed. I just do not think that "Authentic and accurate" is justified in those cases.

Studebaker Wheel
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I think that this is a good service that you provide.
I do question your use of "Authentic and accurate". Studebakers did not have a typical, required window price sticker prior to the 1959 models. I also know that you have made price stickers up to match the current configuration of a vehicle, diregarding how it was built. I can see where that decision is up to the owner. It does provide usefull information when displayed. I just do not think that "Authentic and accurate" is justified in those cases.

And here I was thinking that I would ask you to head up my marketing division.

2moredoors
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks. I always send out two when I do them. One for the car and a second for the permanent file. I also keep a digital file of each one. In case they are lost or damaged they can be replaced.

I have one laminated and displayed on the window and the other in both if my cars "info books". Inasmuch as both cars are 4 door sedans the price sticker attracts attention to the vehicles that they would not normally receive. Too bad you don't do them for '37 Oldsmobiles.

erniebrown
05-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Today in the mail were the window stickers I ordered from Mr. Richard Quinn. . .an original type and two of his creations that show my car in two different locations. . .to say I am happy, is an understatement.. . .his work is EXCELLENT and the standard of communication is perfect in every way . .so Thank you Mr Quinn. . .and I hope all are as PLEASED as I am. . .

Swifster
05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Can you track a delivery dealer? My build sheet has the rail yard destination, but no dealer info.

Studebaker Wheel
05-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Today in the mail were the window stickers I ordered from Mr. Richard Quinn. . .an original type and two of his creations that show my car in two different locations. . .to say I am happy, is an understatement.. . .his work is EXCELLENT and the standard of communication is perfect in every way . .so Thank you Mr Quinn. . .and I hope all are as PLEASED as I am. . .

Thanks for the unsolicited testimonial Ernie. Your GT is a very nice looking car and quite well optioned! One thing I noticed on your car that I had not seen before on a production order was the item 60A Deluxe Floor heater. Pretty pricey at $130.50 as compared with the standard Climatizer at $78.
Of the two samples shown below the first is the original style that Studebaker used for most of the 62 model run and the 2nd one I created in Photoshop.

Studebaker Wheel
05-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Can you track a delivery dealer? My build sheet has the rail yard destination, but no dealer info.

I can probably assist. Send me your serial numbers.

Swifster
05-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Richard, I'll get with you on both cars and order the window stickers. While both are going to be modified, both window stickers would be great as a framed wall hanging.

8E45E
05-29-2013, 08:59 AM
And here I was thinking that I would ask you to head up my marketing division.

Doesn't SI already market them for you? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?9991-Window-Price-Stickers-A-Sticky-Subject&highlight=FRAUDULENT

Craig

stude1964
05-29-2013, 09:03 AM
I have purchased several window invoices from Mr. Quinn-great job on all of them! People read & appreciate the prices & options (or lack thereof) from back in the day. I need to send the info for my '64 SR wagon next. Keep up the good work.
Rob in PA.

Swifster
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Richard, I'll get with you on both cars and order the window stickers. While both are going to be modified, both window stickers would be great as a framed wall hanging.

And I'm ready to purchase. Richard, let me know what you need from me (and how much). I have the build sheets for both cars. Send me a PM with your address to mail them to.

Stu Chapman
11-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Dick, will window price stickers for Canadian built cars reflect the Hamilton origin and Canadian company reference, as well as Canadian pricing?

Stu Chapman

Studebaker Wheel
11-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Dick, will window price stickers for Canadian built cars reflect the Hamilton origin and Canadian company reference, as well as Canadian pricing?

Stu Chapman

Stu; No, I do not have Canadian pricing info. Can only do U.S. sold cars. Could do 1964-66s made in Canada and sold in the U.S.

ddub
11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I also have laminated mine and put in the window when I display the Avanti. Some people are quite impressed that the original window sticker has been preserved. Some times I explain and sometimes I just smile.

Swifster
11-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Richard, E-mail sent...

Mrs K Corbin
11-13-2014, 09:45 AM
All I have is the engine ser#, not the truck ser#.... :(

Studebaker Wheel
11-13-2014, 10:24 AM
All I have is the engine ser#, not the truck ser#.... :(

With patience you can find the serial # if you have the engine number, but it takes time looking through lots of production orders on old microfilm.

jimmijim8
11-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Is this the sticker or Joe Parson's car? thank you jimmijim
I just recently mailed out my 250th window price sticker. I have never before advertised this service but contacts have been made principally by word of mouth. I will for the first time be advertising with the Jan 2013 Turning Wheels. If anyone has an interest details are available at my website: www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.ht (http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.ht)

The ad that I will be running is as follows:

Window Price stickers for all Studebakers 1929-66. Authentic and accurate. Can email samples rtq11@aol.com. Price $40 plus $2 postage. Satisfaction guaranteed. Richard Quinn 20026 Wolf Rd. Mokena IL 60448 Ph: 708-479-2658

Might make a nice Christmas gift?

1958 Golden Hawk sample:

Studebaker Wheel
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes, it is Jim. See lots more here: http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.htm Click on any to enlarge.

53commander
12-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Before I found this thread I had no idea about the window stickers. I ordered one from Richard and had it very quickly, it will be a Christmas gift for my Dad who is co owner of the Commander. I can't be more impressed with the details Richard put into it and he gives two copies to boot. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for that extra detail for their Stude.

Swifster
12-02-2014, 08:49 PM
I recent received mine from Richard as well. I'm having them framed with the build sheets and photos of each car.

Studebaker Wheel
12-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the unsolicited testimonial Richard. Sent out 5 stickers this past week.

SiloStv
05-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Hello Richard,
Looks like I may be late to the party. Is your service still available?
I have a 1964 Cruiser and a Window sticker from SI that I am messing with. But I think your tried and true method would be a much better result.
Can you let me know via PM.
I am waiting for the build sheet from the Museum, but I did find an Instrument Panel build sheet a few days ago loaded with info.
Thank you for your time.

Studebaker Wheel
05-06-2015, 07:21 PM
See image below for 1964 sample and direct email contact. Samples here: http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/window_price/window_price.htm