This could be a buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be a buy

This looks like a really nice car at a really good price.

Took the words right out of my mouth...
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I would look at it in person if I were considering buying it. The driver's side, especially front fender looks like it has some bad body work, although pictures can be deceiving. I see a lot of mismatched body/door panels which could probably be fixed. Like I say, pics could be deceiving. His BIN price is probably same as reserve...... Just my $0.02USD.

Comment

I'm going to have close to that into mine once it rolls out of the paint booth and it won't be anywhere near a driver at that point. . .which means, I need to stop looking at other 53s on eBay to make myself feel better.
        Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Hi, Dave-
          Do you have it in the booth now? The '32 is close, but I've pretty much depleted my budget for it. Every time I buy body prep supplies seems like they have doubled in price since the last time I bought. Guess it's only going to get worse......

Comment

Nice color combination on that car. Very similar to this one that was in South Bend last summer:

Craig

Comment

I've bought cars from pictures on e bay but if I was a looking there is not enough info in the photos to make me hit the BIN. Might be a great specimine but I don't think I would roll the dice. If I was interested I would ask the seller to take a bunch of pictures while I directed him where to shoot while communicating over the phone at the same time. If you know these cars you know em and what to look for. Some sellers will cooperate and ones that won't probably don't want your money or don't want to risk losing a sale. This car above "Yowser" cheers. cheers jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I agree with all on this car. I don't think "restoration" is the word to use here. Is the dash and other interior metal, as well as trunk, the correct color? Do body panels suppose to fit like my 53 (not good) or what? Presentation not good. Does it have a engine?

Comment

Call Jerry and talk about it if you have questions or doubts. He's a great Stude guy, I bought a car from him and it was better than he described in the ad. He's done some great restorations and comes to most all the AZ shows. I don't know the story on this one, but if I had the money and the room, I'd call him with ALL my questions and get ALL honest answers.
                  sigpic
                  JohnP, driving & reviving
                  60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                    I see a lot of mismatched body/door panels which could probably be fixed.
                    What you see is a typical 1953 C/K panel fit. I have had the opportunity to look over a couple of excellent original early cars for that year, and it is 'factory correct' for someone who doesn't want to over-restore what started from an unmolested '53 to begin with.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                      Hi, Dave-
                      Do you have it in the booth now? The '32 is close, but I've pretty much depleted my budget for it. Every time I buy body prep supplies seems like they have doubled in price since the last time I bought. Guess it's only going to get worse......
                      It should be just about finished with block sanding at this point--I haven't checked in this week (might do that at lunch.) We're getting close.
                      Dave Nevin
                      Corvallis, OR
                      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I've known and dealt with Gerry for at least 15 years. If HE says it - you can take it to the bank - period.
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                          I've known and dealt with Gerry for at least 15 years. If HE says it - you can take it to the bank - period.
                          Same here, I have been to his place twice and that is 800 miles from me and then I need to come home the same miles good guy to deal with.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Me three. Gerry Kaiser is great guy to deal with.
                            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I agree. Jerry is a straight shooter.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                              X