Pictures (Everybody loves pictures) II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures (Everybody loves pictures) II

When I was in South Bend this year, I stayed in the Holiday Inn, the meet hotel. I also stayed there back in '83 when it was the "Americana Inn". Turned out, I had roughly the same vantage point both times......

Recognize any??

No 'eye candy' out my hotel room window this year!!

Craig

Yep Craig; I see Dave's "Baby" the '57 Commander 2dr. Sedan Turquoise and White in the far left upper corner 1st. car in the top Pic, 4th row between the Yellow/White '55 4dr. above, and the Red W/Beige trim '55 Wagon below. He has the hood and trunk lid open!

Excellent Pics, that's one BIG lot-O-fine cars!

Rich.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wonder how many of the same cars are in both pics? I see quite a few of the prewar ones that look like the same cars and parked in almost the same places!

Jeff DeWitt
      Jeff DeWitt
      http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Jeff,

The top two pictures are from the same meet. Notice the placement of the vehicles on the street. [^]

Gary

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

Wonder how many of the same cars are in both pics? I see quite a few of the prewar ones that look like the same cars and parked in almost the same places!

Jeff DeWitt
          Sorry Jeff, the only object I see the same is the sidewalk grating halfway up the block. A white Olds 98 is parked next to it in the 1983 pic, and a maroon mini-van is next to it in the '07 photo. But one must wonder if that red Avanti parked behind the maroon mini-van is in that line-up of Avantis two rows behind the Transpo bus shelters.[:0]

Craig

Comment

I will add the pictures from my old photo album of the same meet. I had my black & white 55 Commander hardtop there. My son who was 5 years old at the time is also in many of the pictures.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:The top two pictures are from the same meet. Notice the placement of the vehicles on the street.
              D'OH!

That's too bad, the same view from the two different meets would have been cool... and I wasn't really looking at the street, I was looking at the Studes!

Jeff DeWitt
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

quote:That's too bad, the same view from the two different meets would have been cool... and I wasn't really looking at the street, I was looking at the Studes!

Jeff DeWitt
                OK, Here's the meet in Orlando in 1984. Much different scenery!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

D'OH!

That's too bad, the same view from the two different meets would have been cool... and I wasn't really looking at the street, I was looking at the Studes!

Jeff DeWitt
                  Here's a few more from street level for ya, Jeff! And another from the the hotel room with Washington Street more visible.

Remember when 'Newman & Altman' and 'Avanti Parts' were two separate entities??

Washington Street.

Craig

Comment

At the Charlotte Meet in 2004 you could see the show field from the hotel. Here are some pics.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

At the Charlotte Meet in 2004 you could see the show field from the hotel. Here are some pics.

[img]
                      The 2002 Concours in South Bend was not visible from anyone's hotel room![B)] I was given permission to climb the ladder of a kind gentlman's motorhome that was parked along the perimeter to get these shots.

See your '57 2 door in one of these pics, Rich?? I know it was there!!

Craig

Comment

Just a couple of things here- I don't see what Dad's trying to say he sees in these first couple of shots, but I can assure you it is not my car he sees!!! I was 13 in 1983, and did not drive my '57 there- I didn't buy it untill 2000!
                        In the 2002 pics I can almost see the roof of 'Baby', though- she's at the far end of the 'Early Post-War' cars- several spots closer to the camera- next to the Conestoga...

StudeDave [8D]
                        V/P San Diego County SDC
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

[size=3][font=Comic Sans MS][b]Just a couple of things here- I don't see what Dad's trying to say he sees in these first couple of shots, but I can assure you it is not my car he sees!!! I was 13 in 1983, and did not drive my '57 there- I didn't buy it untill 2000!
                          Yes, Dave, I really wondered about that myself, since you told me the history of it; not to mention how old you would have been. I'm glad you stepped forward to correct that; especially when the car your dad points out as 'Baby' is too dark to be turquoise!![]

Craig

Comment

Sorry guys, I totally missed the part about that pic being 1983! I thought it was 2003 when StudeDave57's turquoise and white '57 Commander 2dr. WAS there!

I still maintain however that the FIRST car on the left, in row 4 of the 1st. pic does look like the correct light green and white color and is a '57 Sedan though, it could be a 4dr.!

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstudeOK, Here's the meet in Orlando in 1984. Much different scenery!

In the back row of the picture you can see Asa Hall's blue dump truck. Does anyone know who has that or his red road tractor?

Comment

Working...
                              X