• Show
Clear All

• what part is this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	studepart 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1736732

I am redo'ing the interior lights of my 64 daytona. I know this has something to do with a light somewhere but I dont have anything to compare it to. no diagrams/pictures etc. can any of you point me to the correct location of this item.
    thanks
    Dave

I believe that's the little lamp that lights up the ignition switch and/or cigarette lighter.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm 99% sure you're right, Skip. I had one dangling under the dash of my 62 Hawk, by the ignition switch. Come to think of it, the switch had been changed out to a non-stock one with a knurled bezel. It was kind of ugly.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I believe it would be the ignition switch. The cigarette lighter lamp was usually pinch-clipped to the lighter barrel.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

rockne10 yes the cig lighter IS a different piece that is pinch clipped to the lighter.
          I must have a different style ign switch as I dont see any way to make this light work on the unit that is in the car.
          thanks guys
          Dave

Comment

the original switch would have a tapped hole for a machine screw near the back .
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X