1960 Lark white radio knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Lark white radio knobs

i am looking for a nice pair of white radio knobs for my 1960 Lark, it has a Delco radio

can anyone help me or know where i can find a nice pair??
    thank you

The white ones are almost always sun rotted. The black ones hold up very well, however and they can be found rather easily.

The convertibles came with chrome knobs, so you could put a pair of them on the radio.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I ordered some from Studebaker International for my '60 Lark several years ago...they were NOS and very nice.

Hope they still have them...I don't have a current catalog.

Good luck,

George
      george krem

Comment

RadioRoy
        where can i find a nice pair??
        email me
        eggscales@southslope.net

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
          /Cut/The convertibles came with chrome knobs, so you could put a pair of them on the radio.
          Make that '59-'60 "Regals" came with Chrome dash knobs Roy. And of course all '60 Convertibles are Regals.

Studebaker Parts can be found at:
          http://studebakervenders.com
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

i already checked the studebaker vendors, radoiroy said they were easy to find, all i was asking was where i can find a nice set of WHITE radio knobs, NOT black a pair or chrome, i am looking for white knobs for my 1960 Lark, i do not want chrome or black,

Comment

Try Ebay, there is a set on there now.

T-cab

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Make that '59-'60 "Regals" came with Chrome dash knobs Roy. And of course all '60 Convertibles are Regals.

Studebaker Parts can be found at:
                http://studebakervenders.com
                No 59-60 Larks ever used chrome regal knobs on the radio. They always used plastic knobs regardless of trim level. Check your body parts catalog. The only cars ever to use the chrome knobs on a radio were 57-58 Packards.

Chris.

Comment

Paint 'em perhaps if you have trouble locating them. cheers jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by vespa400 View Post
                    radoiroy said they were easy to find,
                    You might re-read post number 2. I most certainly did not say the white ones were easy to find. They are extremely hard to find, as is a radio with GOOD white push buttons. The black knobs are relatively easy to find, but I have never found a NOS white knob for 58-60.

The later white knobs from 63 and up are also easy to find. They are the ones that look like toothpaste tube caps.

Chris, My 60 convertible came with chrome radio knobs. Did I make the newbie mistake of thinking that since it was that way when I first saw it, that it had been that way all along? I hope not, but if I did, then I am embarrassed and apologize.
                    Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                      You might re-read post number 2. I most certainly did not say the white ones were easy to find. They are extremely hard to find, as is a radio with GOOD white push buttons. The black knobs are relatively easy to find, but I have never found a NOS white knob for 58-60.

The later white knobs from 63 and up are also easy to find. They are the ones that look like toothpaste tube caps.

Chris, My 60 convertible came with chrome radio knobs. Did I make the newbie mistake of thinking that since it was that way when I first saw it, that it had been that way all along? I hope not, but if I did, then I am embarrassed and apologize.

Hah! Yes I think you did. But don't worry, this is a VERY common misconception. So many cars have had them changes that you could easily think it to be correct.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                      X