Calvin H Lowell III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin H Lowell III

Sad news tonight from Jeanne. Calvin has passed peacefully away. I can not think of anything right now, as Calvin is the one who sent me an email when I was dealing with my health issues several years ago.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with Calvin and his family. I will miss his "spontaneous" thoughts and way with words.

Jim, Jody & Jenny Turner
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Calvin was a good friend for many years. I for one will miss his <grin>. Rest in peace,my friend. Neil
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Sounds like a great guy. It's a shame I never met him. RIP.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Old Car Fart sure will be missed. I knew Calvin for a number of years. He was one of the more layed back and respected participants in the old Alt.Autos.Studebaker Newsgroup. I think I will miss his great witicisms the most! I can just see him now, sitting behind the wheel of his favorite Studebaker driving along that eternal highway above. No oil leaks and no carburator problems, thinking to himself, now man this is living!

My heart felt sympathies to his many friends and family that will miss him, too.
        Last edited by Bo Markham; 10-31-2012, 04:02 PM.
        Bo

Comment

A lot of great memories of good times with Calvin at several NCSDC Tri-State Meets in Asheville NC...........

Calvin had a really cool '59 or '60 Lark wagon with a VERY healthy big block Chevy in it. Sounded great.

Sort of gruff on the outside until you got to know him, but inside he was a VERY caring person.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I just read this tonight and also have fond memories of OCF's "inspiration" with life itself, including Studebakering.

Sorry to hear he's gone... but certainly never forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X