62 Hawk Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk Dash

I hurt my back so I jumped ahead to work on my dash because it was lite and it didn't hurt my back. So here it is.Click image for larger version

Name:	hawk dash 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1736702Click image for larger version

Name:	hawk dash 001.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1736703Click image for larger version

Name:	hawk dash 006.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1736704

Beautiful job on the dash!!!!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Looks good! What method did you use on the woodgrain?

Comment

The dash looks like a new one.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks, I took the woodgrain part to a sign shop and they put a new overlay on it, I had all the chrome redone and the speedo and clock rebuilt. Also I have NOS light switches in it as well as paint ect. It is alot of work but I like it, I know the woodgrain is not quite right but this is not a stock can anyway so I don't care about that part.

Comment

I am thinking of putting an extra light bulb in each of the small gauge boxes, to boost the lighting in them. Also, an extra bulb in the 3 big gauges. What are your thoughts on that?

Comment

I think GT Hawk dashes are one of Studes best designs.....right up there with the 50 Commanders, the 55 Speedster, the art deco designs of the mid 30's. etc.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Shore do look purty!

I got one of them myself, so I saved the photos. Thanks for posting the results of your good work.

Comment

Nice work on dash, it is super nice, it is a nice feeling to get into your car and see a very nice dash, the GT's are the best looking and fit so many cars, my 53 custom has one, I have about 20 fiber glass cores if any one is interested in building their own.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Hi. the last time I drove this car was 1971 and I don't remember the dash light dim. but they may have been. I think once the dash is apart and all the boxs that hold the lights are cleaned and painted inside and new bulbs are used and the lens removed and cleaned, that the lights would be better. But I am not sure.

Comment

Make sure you have good grounds on all of the gauges, and boxes. That helps. Even with cleaning, new bulbs, and all new grounds, mine are still dim. Don't ever remember them being terribly bright, even in the 70's. Of course, the eyes were better than, and it wasn't an issue.

Comment

Brighter dash lights are another thing we have gotten used to in the modern day cars. I replaced the gauges in my 76 Avanti along and find the lights are still dimmer than I'd like. I don't think the dash lights were that bright "back in the day".
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

How did you remove the dash padding on the passenger side?
                          Peter Bishop

Comment

Hi Peter, I just removed the retainers and pulled it off, then sanded and primed it before paint, I am going to put new pad on it I just don't know how to do it yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X