Thanks, Frank: 12/12 Hemmings Muscle Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Frank: 12/12 Hemmings Muscle Machines

SDCer Frank Remlinger "made" the December 2012 Hemmings Muscle Machines with a detailed Restoration Profile on his nice 1969 Dodge Dart GTS. We've come to know Frank through The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. In fact, he developed such an interest in Studebakers that he joined SDC a couple years ago!

He gave us a nice mention in his Owner's View that appeared with his car in the December 2012 HMM:

Thanks, Frank...and a nice article it is on your Dart, too. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thank you Bob as this is well deserved and it is good to see that other owners believe in us too. I have always enjoyed reading his posts hereas well as articles like this one.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

What a class act! Frank set up a bunch of grills and invited all the Stude crew to his pit area for Philly Steak sandwiches. He had us cheering for him.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Just received the magazine today, lovely article on Frank's car. Perhaps the best bit was his creation of a website to provide accurate restoration information for others doing similar vehicles. Well done Frank.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

GREAT! Now I just need my issue to come in the mail.......geez Avantilover in AUSTRALIA has received his issue!! Hopefully the SDC decals show up in the photos as well!!
          Frank Remlinger
          Detroit, Michigan
          SDC# A004602R

Comment

Frank is a keen racer and his car is fast and immaculate. Its great to have friends like Frank and Karen rooting for Studebakers. I have been able to make the the PSMC Drags 4 times, and it is a real hoot. Congratulations! Paul

Comment

Originally posted by fastfritz View Post
              GREAT! Now I just need my issue to come in the mail.......geez Avantilover in AUSTRALIA has received his issue!! Hopefully the SDC decals show up in the photos as well!!
              That is really something about the Aussie arriving before yours, Frank!

The article came out real nice and, yes, you can see the SDC Wheel logos in the vent windows, but you kind of have to know what they are to realize what they are, so to speak.

Heck, you even got a little tail on the front cover...but don't tell Karen about that!

Again, congrats and thanks for the plug(s). BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

WooHoo! Just got my issue in the mail. They did a really nice job with it. Thanks for all the kind words guys!!
                Frank Remlinger
                Detroit, Michigan
                SDC# A004602R

Comment

'Here's Frank lighting 'em up at the The 2012 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race:

Comment

Frank,
                    Just got my issue,very nice article!As you may know I have got a thing for 340 A Bodies and I have always been impressed with yours.Way to go!
                    Steve Doerschlag
                    36 Dictator cpe
                    36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
                    37 Coupe express R-2
                    50 Champion convert
                    54 champion cpe
                    59 3/4 p/up 4wd
                    63 Custom R-2
                    63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
                    63 Avanti R-2
                    63 Avant1 R-2
                    64 Commander R-1
                    64 Challenger R-3
                    58 Packard hawk
                    64 Champ
                    2-63 Wagonaire's
                    62 E40 Transtar
                    55 3/4 T pickup
                    64 Daytona
                    Brand X :
                    70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

Working...
                    X