Studebaker Water Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Water Wagon

I know that over the years, many of us have seen Studebaker Water Wagons all over the place. Two weeks ago a friend of mine was in a garage about 10 miles from me in the Lehigh Valley and found this water wagon. While I have seen many of these over the years I have never seen one quite like this one. It appears to have a smaller tank than most and I find that very interesting. Just thought all would enjoy seeing another appear from hiding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeWtrWgn1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1736691 Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeWtrWgn2.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1736692 Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeWtrWgn3.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1736693
    Last edited by Avantidon; 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Now thats just cool !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob

Sure would love to have that one in my garage but I don't think I could afford it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
        I know that over the years, many of us have seen Studebaker Water Wagons all over the place. Two weeks ago a friend of mine was in a garage about 10 miles from me in the Lehigh Valley and found this water wagon. While I have seen many of these over the years I have never seen one quite like this one. It appears to have a smaller tank than most and I find that very interesting. Just thought all would enjoy seeing another appear from hiding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18490[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]18492[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]18493[/ATTACH]
        Don, I have the exact same nameplate amongst my memorabilia. I recall picking it up from the Asa Hall collection when it became available.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

This one was at the 2003 Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet. Reportedly built in 1893.

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 10-16-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            This one was at the 2003 Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet. Reportedly built in 1893.

Craig
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Yes, I have seen them (there are two of them). I took photos of them in 1984, and the a-holes at Snap Shops lost that roll of film I had them on. So far, whenever I've been back at Heritage Park, they havn't been out for show. They were from 1916 if I remember right.

Craig

Comment

I seen one at a east coast zone meet back a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken it still belonged to a township that used it many years ago.
                I do have a pic of it somewhere, it is the only one I've ever seen.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Jim, good to know you are alive. Please me a PM with a good snail mail address as i have something special for you as an early Christmas present I think you will like,

By the way folks I have pictures of another wagon sold at aution several years ago if you are interested

Comment

We have been lucky enough to just purchase a studebaker water wagon! We are trying to figure out the year, and how much of it is original, and what parts have been replaced or repaired. Does anyone know where we could find out more information on the water wagons? It does have the Studebaker tag on the back just like the one pictured above, and also below that has a tag that says "Niagera". On the front where the tongue fits in, it has a date of Oct 3, 1872 stamped in the metal. We'd like to get it back to all original, any help on where to find information and parts would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Definitely would like to see the pictures if possible!

Comment

I will take a few pictures of ours and post so you can see it too

Comment

I've never seen a Studebaker water wagon in person. I'd love to see one. The one shown above looks to be in incredible condition. I live near the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook, Long Island. They have a whole large room dedicated to Studebaker horse drawn wagons. I wonder if they have a water wagon in storage. I'll have to check that out.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Here are the pictures that we have so far.

Tool box under the driver's foot rest.

Stamp on the side of the wagon.

Name plates on the back of the wagon near the water spigot.

Top of the sprinkler, this also says "Niagara"

Steel plate which is behind the tongue on the front of the wagon.

The word "Carnegie" appears in multiple places on the steel beams.

Front view of the wagon.

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1684171 Front view showing the spring canisters, ours has these instead of leaf springs.

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1684172 Another view of the spring canisters.

Any help identifying a year, etc. or any other information on these wagons would be greatly appreciated.

Duffy

Comment

I have lots of Studebaker sprinkler wagon material. A few items included here.

Name:	water wagon color.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1684175 Click image for larger version

Name:	sprinkler wagon catalog copy.jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	1684176
                              Richard Quinn
                              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment