West Tennessee/Studebakers of Arkansas joint meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Tennessee/Studebakers of Arkansas joint meeting

I don't know how many forum members are interested, but I thought I would post some pictures from our meeting. No judging, nothing formal, just a meet and greet and a picnic. As usual I am not in any of the pictures.

This 56 Power Hawk belongs to a former SDC member who was invited.

Food and conversation. I didn't get enough pictures. Too busy eating.

My counterpart in the West Tennessee Chapter, Tour Director Jim Jones, with his beautiful 55 Speedster.

It was hard to get good pictures with the cars parked in the shade. Next year I hope to tour the cars through the park.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

wow, fender skirts on a Speedster. Never thought I would live long enough. I really thought it was a (OMG) Rambler at first glance.

Comment

I didn't talk to the owner, but I saw the Speedster when I was at the Nashville meet a couple weeks ago. The owner was staying in the hotel room next to me, and Saturday morning I was woken up by the sound of that throatier-than-stock V8. Have to admit, I've never seen another Studebaker that started up as quickly as that one!

Comment

Nice get together. I recognize a few people like your brother Joe, Dick Clements and Richard Ketchum. You all are lucky down there still doing shows. We're all done up here!
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I was worried about the weather, but it was perfect. October can be chilly and/or rainy so we knew there was risk.

A few more pictures.

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Great pics of the joint meeting. Is this the first time that two Chapters from different states met for a picnic? How were you able to coordinate the event and get so many members to attend?
            Curt Devan
            Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
            sigpic

Comment

These two clubs met at this park several years ago before I moved back to this area. Our chapter had been wanting to do something different from the usual meetings so we contacted the Tennessee club. I wondered how good our attendance would be, but people came from near and far. Ozarkman drove down from Fayettville, Arkansas, a good 5 hour trip, by himself.
              The members present were all enthusiastic about doing it again next year. Some folks are even talking about coming early and camping a day or two.
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X