Chopped Studebaker pick up in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped Studebaker pick up in Australia

This truck is interesting and heavily modified. What do you think! Maybe one of the folks down-under is familiar with it. Don't think it was posted before.

Australian passions for car-truck combos didn't stop with just Ford and GM's Holden divisions. Someone in Australia took a 1949 Studebaker pickup and chopped the cockpit to suggest what a car-truck combo might have resembled, as caught by ZapGaspix. If you have a photo to share, add it to the Motoramic group on Flickr, or send us [...]
    Last edited by Bob Bryant; 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Interesting but it looks a little strange now that the roof is lowered, out of balance. Still, it's a Studebaker and no doubt loved by its owner.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

At my first mini-second glance, I thought it was a Buick. After looking at it, I like it for a custom, which is not my field of interest. But still nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
        At my first mini-second glance, I thought it was a Buick.
        I think that it does have a 1950s Buick bumper?
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

Lots of work and appears well done, but not my cup of tea. Chopping a Studebaker truck is like chopping a 47-52 Studebaker car. If it's not done right the body looks too thick. Some cars, like the C & K Studebakers look very sleek with a chop.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I LOVE that look. C cabs always look fabulous with a chopped top. Great work too. Reminds me of Sully's red truck which also had a chopped top and made the cover of Turning Wheels many years ago.
            sals54

Comment

I like the truck but dont care for the front bumper. Must of been something he had and just had to find a way to use it on something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                I think that it does have a 1950s Buick bumper?
                haha, I hadn't even noticed that ugly ole bumper. I was talking about the three holes in the hood.

Comment

Take that fbumper off,and I'd drive it!
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

This truck is owned by Paul Reed in Sydney. He is a very keen truck guy who also owns a restored 1933 Studebaker flat bed truck. His red 2R5 has gained a fair amount of publicity in Australia since it was finished. This model is starting to become popular with the custom guys here.

Chris.

Comment

When looking at car and trucks Studebaker made better looking trucks than most manufacturers of the day while only some of the Studebaker cars are nicer than others. That, of course, is a matter of opinion but I still think the Studebaker trucks are far better looking because of the lack of running boards and a smooth overall fender and grill area. Most other manufactures have too many things going on. Competing with others for styling but missed the mark and ended up with strange grills and sculpted fenders and extra windows etc... Just not nice. If one looks at the 49 to early 50's Stude trucks they are a masterpiece of design. No more to add, nothing to take away. I slight chop if one wants to modify and lower it but that doesn't change the fact that one needs a good foundation to start with. Once the V8 was available it became the best light truck ever made in the 50's. I would say only a 4x4 version would make it the ultimate 50's truck. All a matter of opinion.???? Mine...

I just hope these Hot Rod guys here don't butcher the ones that are left. I still want to own one and don't want to see the price go throught the roof. I already see too many for sale with half finished conversions and the like. Just sacrilegious.

Len.

Comment

Working...
                      X