What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: What is this?

Can anyone tell me what the thing is the arrow points to that hangs from the frame?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2233witharrow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1736677
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

If there is one on the other side, (passenger side) I would guess it might be a pair of mounts for a tow bar.

Comment

Hmmm, Disk brake car?..(Is that an Avanti?).....How about the perch for a power steering ram.. ( that was removed)
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Exactly 64V, It is the drivers side plate for the power ram. With only the eye bushing left.

Comment

This is a 1966 Cruiser. It did have power steering equipment, most of which is in the trunk. I'm missing a few parts (can't remember what).
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Scott,
            If I remember correctly you are missing the ram & the control valve..
            George King
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

You might be able to use it as a spot to mount a steering damper if you are so inclined.
              One end on that mount and the other where the ram would attach to the bell crank.

Comment

Yeah, I'm missing the control valve. I thought I had the ram. I'll have to check.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I wondered if it had something to do with the power steering.

Comment

That Sir is a chingaso.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                    X