PDA

View Full Version : '40 Business Coupe in Lynnwood, WA - It's on Ebay again with a further price reduction

hausdok
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
If memory serves, they've dropped this price about $5k since they first put it up for sale a couple of years ago. Maybe it will sell this time. I've seen it in person. It's pretty rough but the bones are still pretty solid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUSINESS-/251169065213?forcev4exp=true

Corvanti
10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
i always look at '39's to '46's on ebay when they come up. i couldn't tell you how long this one has been on ebay, but it seems like over a year.

and, from one of the earlier threads here, i wouldn't touch it even at that price!

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?59612-FS-1940-Business-Coupe-on-Ebay-Save-it-from-the-rodders!&highlight=ebay+business+coupe

mbstude
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I emailed them about a year ago when I was looking for a Stude to play with. They wanted $10K then.

Chris_Dresbach
10-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I'd like to know what their reserve is on it this time. There is no way it's worth the buy it now price, and I would venture to say barely the starting bid price.

doug
10-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Lot of rust under that 1-day paint job, nice wiring, should have pained the interior also, wouldn't look so poor. Does have a fresh carburetor though, and appears to run.

Bob Andrews
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
This is what happens when people think they can paint a car because they know how to use a paint gun. Perfect example of poor prep; look at all that rust bleeding through.

People think '$5K for a paint job? It doesn't even need any body work! I can do it myself!' Then they sand 'er down in the driveway, rattle-can prime, and throw $500 in paint down... then see this in 6 months. All wasted. The only fix is to strip completely and do it right.

I don't know how many jobs I've seen like this... and how many damaged engines by novices that think you can just clean and reassemble and engine and throw in new bearings and rings. Again, wasted money, unnecessary heartache. And mostly, the "bad quality" of the old car takes the blame. Sigh.