Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Commandments

Ten Commandments For The Studebaker Collector:

1) Thou shalt not read the eBay Motors or Craigs List ads on company time, lest thy employer make it impossible to continue thy car payments.
    2) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's car, nor his garage, nor his battery charger.
    3) Thou shalt not store thy Studebakers out-of-doors except to make room for the wife's Toyota.
    4) Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday drive when indeed thou art going out to look at another car.
    5) Thou shalt not love thy Studebakers more than thy wife and children.
    6) Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's Edsel, nor his DeSoto, nor even his '47 Plymouth.
    7) Thou shalt not tell thy spouse the entire cost of thy latest restoration, at least not all at the same time.
    8) Thou shalt not promise thy wife a new addition for the house and then use it to store Studebakers.
    9) Thou shalt not allow thy sons and daughters to get married during the car show season.
    10) Thou shalt not buy thy wife a floor jack for your anniversary.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

quote:Originally posted by stude53

I disagree, like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball, you buy the spouse the jack, and if she decides she doesn't like it, you don't necessarily have to return it .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude53

I disagree, like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball, you buy the spouse the jack, and if she decides she doesn't like it, you don't necessarily have to return it .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

1: Don't let the boss catch you! or "It's my lunch time"
        2: He just keeps a VW ragtop in it, but, he is handy to have around to help!
        3: ONLY in the winter does she get a spot in the garage!
        4: Nope, just don't tell her you bought it already!
        5: No Comment! I was accused of that when we were first married, I
        told her that was right. It was the wrong answer!
        6: Nope, not even his VW
        7: Absolutely! but, also don't tell her what you sell it for either!
        8: Why?
        9: I'm encouraging her to elope, it's cheaper!
        10: is a vacuum OK?
        11: Don't let her read your answers on the forum either!
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

1: Don't let the boss catch you! or "It's my lunch time"
          2: He just keeps a VW ragtop in it, but, he is handy to have around to help!
          3: ONLY in the winter does she get a spot in the garage!
          4: Nope, just don't tell her you bought it already!
          5: No Comment! I was accused of that when we were first married, I
          told her that was right. It was the wrong answer!
          6: Nope, not even his VW
          7: Absolutely! but, also don't tell her what you sell it for either!
          8: Why?
          9: I'm encouraging her to elope, it's cheaper!
          11: Don't let her read your answers on the forum either!
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

I'm single and looking (I'm not sure if it's for a car or wife though!).

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I'm single and looking (I'm not sure if it's for a car or wife though!).

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I cant resist doing this. Now I gotta do George Carlin's spin on the Ten Commandments for the Studebaker Collector [)]

1) Thou shalt not read the eBay Motors or Craigs List ads on company time, lest thy employer make it impossible to continue thy car payments.

Well I dont use Ebay Motors as I'm not a fan of buying cars from Ebay Motors.

4) Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday drive when indeed thou art going out to look at another car.

Well I'm not married but I have a somewhat understandable set of parents.

Well I'm not married but my parents may find it kind of weird kissing my Commander every night.

6) Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's Edsel, nor his DeSoto, nor even his '47 Plymouth.

Neighbor's dont have any of the three, although I give the Hudson the occasional stink eye(got a vertical wire grille that needs replating, just kidding).

7) Thou shalt not tell thy spouse the entire cost of thy latest restoration, at least not all at the same time.

Thats okay because I'm horrible with numbers over a very long long time.

8) Thou shalt not promise thy wife a new addition for the house and then use it to store Studebakers.

Ours will be straight up for Studebakers, although the next house may encompass a pole barn in the middle of nowhere.

9) Thou shalt not allow thy sons and daughters to get married during the car show season.

What sons or daughters, I hope I don't have sons and daughters(25 and single).

Well I'm married, although I give tools to my dad for Christmas. We have a case of a few occaisionally disappear, so its a replenish operation than anything else.

So all but two Commandments are not applicable for this day and age, which leaves:

2) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's car, nor his garage, nor his battery charger.
                He's an easy person, but his storage his plum full of other people's cars being stored at the moment. He built a pole barn for his own cars, which in effect was used to store other people's cars too.

3) Thou shalt not store thy Studebakers out-of-doors except to make room for the wife's Toyota.
                The vehicles out of doors are either drivers, donors or projects. We also don't use the car and a half separate garage for anything but the Avanti, the 55 Commander, and a few other odds and ends that dont hold up to nature well. We also have no imports, but if we did, they follow the outside rule as all others, as they are used for a daily basis.

LOL, its probably not as funny as Carlin's spin on the Commandments, but I couldnt resist when I saw it or the plaque in South Bend about it. [:O)]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I cant resist doing this. Now I gotta do George Carlin's spin on the Ten Commandments for the Studebaker Collector [)]

Well I dont use Ebay Motors as I'm not a fan of buying cars from Ebay Motors.

Well I'm not married but I have a somewhat understandable set of parents.

Well I'm not married but my parents may find it kind of weird kissing my Commander every night.

Neighbor's dont have any of the three, although I give the Hudson the occasional stink eye(got a vertical wire grille that needs replating, just kidding).

Thats okay because I'm horrible with numbers over a very long long time.

Ours will be straight up for Studebakers, although the next house may encompass a pole barn in the middle of nowhere.

What sons or daughters, I hope I don't have sons and daughters(25 and single).

Well I'm married, although I give tools to my dad for Christmas. We have a case of a few occaisionally disappear, so its a replenish operation than anything else.

So all but two Commandments are not applicable for this day and age, which leaves:

He's an easy person, but his storage his plum full of other people's cars being stored at the moment. He built a pole barn for his own cars, which in effect was used to store other people's cars too.

The vehicles out of doors are either drivers, donors or projects. We also don't use the car and a half separate garage for anything but the Avanti, the 55 Commander, and a few other odds and ends that dont hold up to nature well. We also have no imports, but if we did, they follow the outside rule as all others, as they are used for a daily basis.

LOL, its probably not as funny as Carlin's spin on the Commandments, but I couldnt resist when I saw it or the plaque in South Bend about it. [:O)]

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop
                    My wife loves the new vacuum that I gave her for her birthday. She never knew haow bad the old one was until she started using this one. My reccomendation, the Eureka Boss "bagless" in the cool canary yellow. Like Pontiac, it is a "wide track".

When I belonged to the Oliver tractor club something along the same lines was published. I will see if I can find it.

Comment

My wife loves the new vacuum that I gave her for her birthday. She never knew haow bad the old one was until she started using this one. My reccomendation, the Eureka Boss "bagless" in the cool canary yellow. Like Pontiac, it is a "wide track".

When I belonged to the Oliver tractor club something along the same lines was published. I will see if I can find it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Darn Gary, I thought I was the only one who could get away with getting the little woman a vaccum cleaner for a gift. I had a girlfriend who had bought her first house and her vacuum clean was almost broken in half. I got her a then-new Dirt Devil.

As for a marriage during the car show season, I thought it would be great to get married during the Woodward Dream Cruise. There as a couple churches right on Woodward. Where else could you get married and have a few million in the gallery?

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Darn Gary, I thought I was the only one who could get away with getting the little woman a vaccum cleaner for a gift. I had a girlfriend who had bought her first house and her vacuum clean was almost broken in half. I got her a then-new Dirt Devil.

As for a marriage during the car show season, I thought it would be great to get married during the Woodward Dream Cruise. There as a couple churches right on Woodward. Where else could you get married and have a few million in the gallery?

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Gifts to the significant other must have relevance. A friend of mine who was in my wedding had a 400 acre "farm" (actually we just went there to drink beer and do a little "work") and got his wife a set of gloves and post hole diggers for Christmas (didn't go over well).

I also worked for another guy who had a Triumph TR-6 that he was constantly having someone work on. One year he "gave" his wife a new battery and a case of oil for it. But what do you expect from someone who got an obituary for his dog published in the Washiongton Post???

Comment

Gifts to the significant other must have relevance. A friend of mine who was in my wedding had a 400 acre "farm" (actually we just went there to drink beer and do a little "work") and got his wife a set of gloves and post hole diggers for Christmas (didn't go over well).

I also worked for another guy who had a Triumph TR-6 that he was constantly having someone work on. One year he "gave" his wife a new battery and a case of oil for it. But what do you expect from someone who got an obituary for his dog published in the Washiongton Post???

Comment

Working...
                              X