1954 3r-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: 1954 3r-6

I am rebuilding a 54 3R-6 and would like to change the wheels to a lower profile. are there any other makes of cars out there that have the same lug patern ?
    Thanks

16-inch wheels were standard on the 3R6, but 15" wheels were optional, and wider, giving more tire choices. The 15" Stude truck wheels are harder to find than the 16", but they're around, and may be enough to give you what you want. Chevy/GMC 1/2-ton trucks have had the same 5 x 5" bolt pattern as Stude trucks for many years, but be aware that the Stude brake drums have a ridge that prevents the GM wheels from bolting up securely. You either have to convert to GM truck brake drums, or use adapters and replace the studs with longer ones to make up the difference. There are a number of people who have done it both ways. If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, suggest posting your question at Stude Truck Talk:
    Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

There are people there who can tell you how they solved the same problem.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Saw a set of '15 at the Nashville show saturday... Guy from Alabama had them. I've got his number if you want it.

Comment

Saw a set of '15 at the Nashville show saturday... Guy from Alabama had them. I've got his number if you want it.
        also pontiac wheels and some others fit. Seriously, I've done it.

Comment

Working...
        X