Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 10-16, 1967 Plymouth Barracuda

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-29-2014, 06:53 PM.

Oh, yeah - always thought those were cool.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

And what's ironic is that some 1969 down Barracudas don't qualify as 'orphans' since they were sold as Chrysler Barracudas in South Africa complete with RHD.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

It would depend on the build plate as cars like for instance the "Holden Volt" will likely say "Chevrolet" on the build plate. Nice looking car though. They must be hot in summer with that large rear glass.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Orphan cars are Hudson, Studebaker, Packard, Kaiser, Crosley, Tucker, and the independent manufacturer type. not Big Three type. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
            Orphan cars are Hudson, Studebaker, Packard, Kaiser, Crosley, Tucker, and the independent manufacturer type. not Big Three type. cheers jimmijim
            The 'Big' Three are no longer 'big' going by market share.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              The 'Big' Three are no longer 'big' going by market share. Craig
              Right, Craig.

Automotive News, the weekly newspaper of the industry headquartered in Detroit, consistently refers to that group of manufacturers as The Detroit Three.

It's not considered a derisive term or anything; they just do it for accuracy. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

10-26?

I drove one of these as a daily driver in the late 1980s for a while. It was in great shape and drove pretty well. The steering wheel was cheap and the the overall quality of the dash looked cheap as well. Kind of like Dodge Dart cheap and spindly, if you know what I mean. In no way did it feel as substantial as a Studebaker.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I owned a 1969 Barracuda fastback. I used it as an everyday car. It was a solid car from Atlanta, GA. It had 318 V8, TorqueFlite, A/C, fold down rear seat, etc. Mine was yellow with a black interior.
                  Janet Guthrie owned a 1969 fastback for many years, from buying it new. I talked to her a short time after I sold mine and found out that she wanted to get a replaceent for the one that she had (all in timing, or lack thereof).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Kind of like Dodge Dart cheap and spindly, if you know what I mean.
                    No coincidence there. Up until 1969, it was based on the A-body Valiant/Dart.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      No coincidence there. Up until 1969, it was based on the A-body Valiant/Dart.

Craig
                      Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      10-26?

Kind of like Dodge Dart cheap and spindly, if you know what I mean.
                      Yeah, I know what you mean. My old Dodge sounds like a coffee can half full of ball bearings anytime you close a door, or shut the hood...........<sigh>
                      Frank Remlinger
                      Detroit, Michigan
                      SDC# A004602R

Comment

Here's a one-owner 'Cuda.

Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                          Here's a one-owner 'Cuda.

]
                          I believe that is a 1967 Barracuda with modifications, like the hemi. It is too early to be a 'Cuda.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1968 Shell 4000 Rally

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...