Need to sell two Kirby collection Larks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to sell two Kirby collection Larks

While most of the Torrey Kirby car collection has been sold or otherwise disposed of, there are two Larks that were held for a buyer who never followed through. One is a '59 Hardtop, serial 59V23816, V8, stick, reclining bench seat. The other is a '60 station wagon, serial 60S56218, six, a/t, dash partly out, has clock. Both have titles, but are pretty far gone. $250 will take either one or $400 will take them both. Contact Torrey's son-in-law, David McKee at 843-254-5277 if you are interested in either or both. He won't know much of anything about the cars other than the price he set.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

That is certainly a fair price if one doesn't have to consider shipping.
    That car reminds me of the white 1959 Lark VIII hardtop that I sold with 27K miles on it and I have been trying to buy back for years. Every winter, the owner says that he will sell it in the spring, then spring comes and he doesn't sell it. When I recently spoke to him, he said that it was getting to be too hard for him to drive it so he wants his son to install power steering on it.
    I notice a good 1961 tail light next to the 1959. I know that they can't sell parts.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      That is certainly a fair price if one doesn't have to consider shipping.
      That car reminds me of the white 1959 Lark VIII hardtop that I sold with 27K miles on it and I have been trying to buy back for years. Every winter, the owner says that he will sell it in the spring, then spring comes and he doesn't sell it. When I recently spoke to him, he said that it was getting to be too hard for him to drive it so he wants his son to install power steering on it.
      I notice a good 1961 tail light next to the 1959. I know that they can't sell parts.
      Unfortunately the photo made the '61 lens look better than it is. It is usable, but is very crazed. It is on a fairly solid '61 Lark two-door, six w/at. It's a wonder the lens survived. Over recent years vandals have smashed a bunch of the lenses including several nice '57 Packard lenses.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X