X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 4dr Stude!

anyone have any info on this custom??
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Now that is different, I think I like it.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Those old & old-style padded custom (or "kustom") HardTops always makes me go "YEAHHHhhh ! ! ! . . . "
      Kinda Barris, or?

Comment

This appears to be made out of a sedan, not a C/K.
        I like it EXCEPT that it does not appear to have side windows.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Geez Gary! Who needs sumpthin' as superfluous as side windows. Yup, I looked at that and I thought - yeah, there's a way to make a "Lowboy" out of a stodgy ol' see-dan!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm not disliking that at all! How many other four door sedans have sacrificed their parts to sustain a C/K? Good usage here.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I like the clean grill..... Is it me or is the paint missmatched on the top of the door???

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                I'm not disliking that at all! How many other four door sedans have sacrificed their parts to sustain a C/K? Good usage here.
                Very nice looking Custom! Never seen or heard of it before, most likely a Non-SDC Member's car.

I do not think ANY C or K's were lost building this Sedan, it appears to be 100% Sedan.

The clean looking grille bars mentioned by Deaf Mute are stock '53 Sedan with the surround Mouldings and Headlight Rims painted.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

wow, that is sweet...where did you find this photo?? regards, Junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    wow, that is sweet...where did you find this photo?? regards, Junior.
                    found it on flikr while searching for Daytona pictures. I will see if I can find the album again. There are 3 or 4 more pictures of this car in the album.
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Dat is nice. jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That is one sweet good use of a 4 door car, big bucks into it too.....nice...nice
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

very cool car, probably lives where window do not matter and most likely not have to be daily driver. Good eyes on the paint, perhaps it is the light or a shading thing, still very excellent car. I did not notice 4 doors until it was brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                            found it on flikr while searching for Daytona pictures. I will see if I can find the album again. There are 3 or 4 more pictures of this car in the album.
                            more photos would be great....never would have thought that peeling off the tin roof and adding a Carson top to a Stude sedan would have changed the car so much! junior
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I, myself never thought a 4-door Stude from '53-'55 had so much potential. I suspect it was lowering the roof and the profile is what makes it work so well; not unlike what Mercedes Benz did to create their CLS four-door "coupe".

Here's another 4-door Stude from the Thirties that turned out well: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=wicker

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X