Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a couple things for my 65....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a couple things for my 65....

The little plastic piece that shows which gear that I am in. pndlr. Mine slipped and when I shifted in to park, it snapped in half.

Also looking for a trunk lock. Both lids are missing the lock. I have a hole that I stick a screw driver in to pop the trunk currently. So I am looking for the lock and the matching key to said lock so that I can close and secure the trunk properly.

The lid that James sent my way looks to be from a 64-5 Cruiser/Daytona. It has a line of holes above the chrome strip. Any one know where I could find the trim pieces for that trunk? Maybe it was just the lettering that said, "studebaker." of should I go ahead and fill the trim holes in...
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Stude International has the shift indicator lens.

They also list a trunk lock cylinder but it's $70 and maybe it still needs a retaining clip and or a rod, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
      Stude International has the shift indicator lens.
      http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50001003a
      hot damn! Thanks!
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

If you could find a used trunk tumbler without a key they can be opened up and recoded at a good locksmith. I once dissected an old corroded tumbler to find out how to get it apart. Somebody else figured it out too.
        Actually it says for doors. Anybody know if this will work with trunk tumblers? I think they might be shorter in length.

From the Bob Johnstone site....
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Send me your address and I'll send a "PNDLR" to you. It is literally sitting here in front of me on my desk. I no longer need it since I installed my 700R4.

Tom
          Attached Files
          Last edited by wittsend; 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Working...
          X