A terrific Stude day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A terrific Stude day!

While visiting my son Glen and his family in Carmel, Indiana, Glen and I had the pleasure of dining with Bob and Cari Palma last Friday night, then riding with Bob and Jim "Disc Brake" Turner to Fairborn, Ohio in Jim's beautiful burgundy '52 Commander convertible the following day. Jim got it as a high desert weeds car that had been shot full of holes, as I remember the story, and he did a magnificent job in the restoration.
    Stude vendor Phil Harris held a pot luck and an open invitation to his property and it was a great day! Good weather, beautiful cars & Stude friends. Here's a short video of just a few of the vehicles there.
    Glad I got to meet Phil and Tom Bredehoft and see Bob and President Ed Reynolds again. Tom's got that beautiful '53 coupe he drove to the picnic.
    The trip home was through the fantastic Indiana countryside which really tugged at my heart and makes me miss the great midwest. Bob was pointing out all the good places to eat through each town!
    My thanks to Jim and Bob for the fun. I'm honored to be associated with guys like them.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Western Washington, USA

Thanks for posting the U-Tube video. Really makes me want to get my 52 running again! Turner's 52 looks better than it does on his web site.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks for posting the U-Tube video. Really makes me want to get my 52 running again! Turner's 52 looks better than it does on his web site.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Tom! Yeah, my heartstrings were tugged at real strong-like too, by the sorta countryside I grew up in. I love being back there during the summertime. I usually end up chanting to myself: "It SNOWS here, dummy! It SNOWS here!"[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Tom! Yeah, my heartstrings were tugged at real strong-like too, by the sorta countryside I grew up in. I love being back there during the summertime. I usually end up chanting to myself: "It SNOWS here, dummy! It SNOWS here!"[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Tom,
            It was a pleasure to meet you and Glen and for you both to "help" me listen to Bob all the way to Fairborn! <G> I also had a blast goiing. I do have to clean up all the bugs we killed on the way home, remember the ones you & Bob were going to come over on Sunday and help me clean them off? <G>
            I have to get them cleaned up, as Friday, My 52 is being used in a wedding in So. Bend.
            Now all we need to do is get Glen a Studebaker too!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Tom,
              It was a pleasure to meet you and Glen and for you both to "help" me listen to Bob all the way to Fairborn! <G> I also had a blast goiing. I do have to clean up all the bugs we killed on the way home, remember the ones you & Bob were going to come over on Sunday and help me clean them off? <G>
              I have to get them cleaned up, as Friday, My 52 is being used in a wedding in So. Bend.
              Now all we need to do is get Glen a Studebaker too!

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

What are you guys doing have a meet on a Wednesday???

Comment

What are you guys doing have a meet on a Wednesday???

Comment

Cool beans, Tom.

'Glad you and Glen enjoyed yourselves. It was a great day for the trip to Fairborn. I hope we instilled enough interest in Glen that he gets the Studebaker itch....well, maybe as soon as he moves out of an apartment with no garage!

They never did give you the Long Distance Award at Fairborn, did they...and you were all the way from Seattle WA! We'll have to get one of those to award next year if you make it back.

'Tell Glen to give Jim or me a call if he ever needs any automotive cousel while living in the Indianapolis area. Counsel we have in spades...although, ahem, sometimes it goes by a less glamorous name. [:0]

BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Cool beans, Tom.

'Glad you and Glen enjoyed yourselves. It was a great day for the trip to Fairborn. I hope we instilled enough interest in Glen that he gets the Studebaker itch....well, maybe as soon as he moves out of an apartment with no garage!

They never did give you the Long Distance Award at Fairborn, did they...and you were all the way from Seattle WA! We'll have to get one of those to award next year if you make it back.

'Tell Glen to give Jim or me a call if he ever needs any automotive cousel while living in the Indianapolis area. Counsel we have in spades...although, ahem, sometimes it goes by a less glamorous name. [:0]

BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller
                        Bob was pointing out all the good places to eat through each town!
                        Why doesn't that surprise me? [}]

I'm pretty jealous. A excellent day in a beautiful part of the country with some great people. You're a lucky guy, Tom. I trust you represented the North West well! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller
                          Bob was pointing out all the good places to eat through each town!
                          Why doesn't that surprise me? [}]

I'm pretty jealous. A excellent day in a beautiful part of the country with some great people. You're a lucky guy, Tom. I trust you represented the North West well! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

That's a pretty slick video with the fade-in and fade-out. Do you use a special program to do that stuff?
                            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That's a pretty slick video with the fade-in and fade-out. Do you use a special program to do that stuff?
                              Rog

Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X