Engine Paint colors for 1954 Commander Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Paint colors for 1954 Commander Coupe

Restoring a 1954 commander coupe - post top and will be getting to detailing the engine soon.

Anyone have photos of the engine - point codes - or description?

I have paint chips for the exterior - but cannot locate anything for the engine.

Engine is a 232 V/8 and has been repainted by the orignial owner.

Oran

You would probably do better by posting this under the General Discussion section of the forum, or even the Technical section. This section was set up for pictures of members' vehicles.

With that said, the V8 engine should be 30 WT oil green (almost olive drab or Bell Telephone green) with semi-gloss black accessories. An excelent source of information for you is to buy the Turning Wheels back issue with the Fred K. Fox feature article on 1954 C/K models (from this site).

What you describe as a "...coupe - post top..." is a Starlight (C body). You should join the Studebaker Drivers Club, from this site, to get Turning Wheels.

Edit: The first paragraph of my response looks strange now, because when I wrote it this topic was on the members' picture section of the forums. The post/topic has been moved over here.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the quick response.

I just rejoined the SDC after a few years departure. I worked on the car for a couple years and then got too busy and left it alone. Now I am recharged and revisiting all the sites including renewing my subscription to Turning Wheels - I will take your advice on getting a back issue.

I called my commander a post top because I am always getting the Starlight and Starliner designation mixed up.

I don't recall see this forum back when I first acquired my car - but this will become a great resource for me.

Oran
      Chicago

Comment

Working...
      X